User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I......am......p*ssed!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The forum name change thread

Why am I p*ssed? Because after about three pages of posts, I said to myself, "Self - this is gonna get real good. Better go pop some corn and open a can of Michelob Ultra". That task outta the way, I sat back down and wasn't disappointed because it did get real good. Having consumed both the popcorn and beer (well two), it was getting so good that I put another Orville Redenbachers in the microwave and grabbed another beer (ok - it was two). And man-oh-man, I was kinda enjoying myself to the point I was all hopping fired up to post myself! And then?????? The thread was closed. Well just gall-darn-it!! A day late and a dollar short.

And to those folks that are working on Gubmint facilities that are hanging out on this forum rather than working - shame on you!! (this coming from the guy that would screw off and buy stuff on-line for his motorcycle, car, boat whatever during the day). I KEED, I KEED.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom, first I wanted to say I was surprised by your "Going Out Of RV Sale". I wish you good luck.

As far as this topic is concerned, I didn't know about the other thread so I went and read all 9 pages and my humble opinion is "what a bunch of BS!" As soon as Chris reported he was letting this forum go I knew it was in for trouble and I believe trouble is what we've got. Reading that thread was like some kind of high school exchange. For any long time members here who might choose to criticize or loose faith in either Tucson Jim, my personal friend, or Rob (of Rob and Cate), both also my personal friends, disappoint me greatly (and they know who I'm talking about). I've known them for years and I don't know the new owners here, whoever they are, AT ALL!

This whole thing leaves a terrible taste in my mouth for this forum. My Grand RV, btw, what does that even really mean? I hate silly little play on words kind of sayings.

JMHO
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have enough trouble squeezing out enough time to keep up with one forum, let alone two. I don't understand what GD hopes to gain by having their "own". Everything a GD owner needs to know is on this one. Just don't get it.

Tom
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Hey Tom, first I wanted to say I was surprised by your "Going Out Of RV Sale". I wish you good luck.

As far as this topic is concerned, I didn't know about the other thread so I went and read all 9 pages and my humble opinion is "what a bunch of BS!" As soon as Chris reported he was letting this forum go I knew it was in for trouble and I believe trouble is what we've got. Reading that thread was like some kind of high school exchange. For any long time members here who might choose to criticize or loose faith in either Tucson Jim, my personal friend, or Rob (of Rob and Cate), both also my personal friends, disappoint me greatly (and they know who I'm talking about). I've known them for years and I don't know the new owners here, whoever they are, AT ALL!

This whole thing leaves a terrible taste in my mouth for this forum. My Grand RV, btw, what does that even really mean? I hate silly little play on words kind of sayings.

JMHO
    I don't want to go back and read 9 pages of what ended up being a crap sandwich. He said she said. Took a little shine off the apple. This forum is made up of the people that participate in it. The owners provide a place for it to happen. It's a shame bull#&*% like this had to happen and I'm sad to see some of the folks that helped make this forum a success seem to be posting less or not at all. Nuts!

Oh yeah, the name. I told a friend I participated in a forum named My Grand RV. His response was "What the heck is that about?".
    And yeah. Facebook ain't happening for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chief, I agree with everything you said. And you’re right - people who posted and contributed a lot here will gradually go away, even though they say they won’t. I too don’t do Facebook. Wife and I have decided that we’re going to sell the 313RLTS and move on from GDRV. Once we do, we’ll probably vanish as well. It’s just the way things go.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Chief, I agree with everything you said. And you’re right - people who posted and contributed a lot here will gradually go away, even though they say they won’t. I too don’t do Facebook. Wife and I have decided that we’re going to sell the 313RLTS and move on from GDRV. Once we do, we’ll probably vanish as well. It’s just the way things go.
    It's natural that folks come and go as interests change or wane. Just too bad when acrimony and hard feelings are involved.

BTW, I've enjoyed your presence here. Hope you continue to post about your RV experience. Doesn't have to be about GDRV.

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK - for the record, I started this thread as an attempt as some tongue-in-cheek humor in an effort to quell the waters. And I'm not so sure I succeeded.

FWIW......I've been around this internet "chat room" thing probably more than many of you and possibly less than some of you and I can tell you these "forum struggles" just seem to be the nature of the beast. IMHO, this is possibly the most tame forum I've ever participated in! Hell - I've been on forums that had to resort to creating a separate topic just so folks could flame each other - UNRESTRAINED!!!! WOW.....talk about a Donnie Brook!! It was both entertaining and sad at the same time. Just try lurking on one of the import performance car forums. OMG!!

Anyhow.....the point I'm trying to make is that it's easy to get caught up in the back-n-forth diatribe that unfortunately goes "public" on forums and makes you wanna take sides. That's just human nature. I've always found it fascinating that this internet form of communication can create bonds that, before the internet, were only created by folks hanging out together in a social setting. Part of me thinks that it's the anonymity of internet communication that allows folks to feel a bit less guarded with their feelings/opinions/quirks/perspectives/whatever so they tend to put themselves "out there" more than they would at, let's say, a backyard party where they really don't know too many people. And the recipient of those candid words tends to be accepting and tolerant and, in some cases, can totally relate to what the poster is saying. Of course, there's what I call the Dark Side where folks say (type) stuff that they'd NEVER say to someone's face or in public.

In an effort to bore you to tears, I'd like to pass along an example. If memory serves me, about 22 years ago I joined a group called the ZXList. This was before such platforms as AOL and others had been created. In those days of "green screens", forum communication was handled by list servers which then became chat rooms. Anyhow, the ZXList was for folks that had Kawasaki Ninja motorcycles (ZX9, ZX6, ZX10, etc. I had a 1996 ZX9R). At the most, there were probably 18 of us that participated all the time. And since there were no such things as forums topics, what folks posted were pretty much a free-for-all. And, as you can imagine, when there's 12 different topics posted and different folks are commenting on different ones and then there's replies to specific post/topics.....well, it was a real challenge sometimes to figure out who the hell was saying what!! But guess what? Of those 18 degenerates, to this day, 10 (including me) are still conversing on almost a daily basis!! You'd think we'd run outta things to say, right? And the amazing part is that some of us have never met in 22 years. Shoot - over the years, I managed to meet several of the OG's and last year met one of the guys for the first time in 22 years!! And each time I'd meet on of the "guys", it was weird 'cause I felt like I'd known them all my life. And several others have said the same thing. To me that's pretty cool. Ok, ok.....I'll move on.

No offense to Andy or Rob or Chris or Jim or whomever, but I would suggest to those who are still reading this and hadn't passed out asleep, that when these types of "airing dirty laundry" crop up, we read it and say to ourselves, "Hmmmm.....that's interesting" and just consider it noise in the grand (no pun intended) scheme of things and let it not deter us from the true benefit of a "Forum" - i.e. knowledge (a given), but, more importantly, a chance to develop relationships. Personally, it matters not what the Forum Domain name is to me nor do I (with all due respect) care who owns it (well.....unless it's the Imperial Federal Government and then I'm gonna have a real....uh....er.....nevermind. Not gonna say it 'cause I know they're listening). I care only that I can contribute - especially if I've gotten some real good poop from the forum. Well......I also care if folks acknowledge this hysterical effort to conjugate that which has some proclivity to advance the human condition in the face of rising tensions between the forces of good & evil - especially in the context of what some who would term a hypotenuse of incongruent slangs of the most incipient mumbo-jumbo that ever did smite the ever living crap outta that sanctimonious fiend of a droid (whose name I shall not mention).

And in closing.....I'd be willing to bet that just as there's a tremendous amount of good that comes from the 5 or so forums dedicated to the Cummins Inline Six diesel engine, that having two forums that allow owners of Grand Design products to share info, gripe, praise, complain, poke fun at themselves, laugh, get help/support, create life-long friendships, etc.; can't be all that bad.

I'm Tom Adams and I approved this message.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “...a chance to develop relationships.”

It seems like GD/Winnie execs want to develop a forum that is strictly “technical” in nature (devoid of the quote above). In short, provide only one out of 7 of the forum functions listed at the end of your message, Tom: “get help/support”. Time will tell, how they intend to execute that lofty goal without extreme forms of censorship (human nature being what it is). It’ll be interesting to watch them try.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Well......I also care if folks acknowledge this hysterical effort to conjugate that which has some proclivity to advance the human condition in the face of rising tensions between the forces of good & evil - especially in the context of what some who would term a hypotenuse of incongruent slangs of the most incipient mumbo-jumbo that ever did smite the ever living crap outta that sanctimonious fiend of a droid (whose name I shall not mention).
    Tom - this just may be your best yet !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in my search for the "official, sanctioned Grand Design RV Owners Forum" I stumbled across something called Grand Design Nation, www.granddesignnation.com Which is not to be confused with, www.
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174
    .com

So with the original owners here there are now 3 forums where you can bitch about your furniture, ask why there's an odor under your bathroom or kitchen sink, brag about your Ford, inquire as to the best hitch, find a campground in West Timbukto or find it humorous that your Kantleak does.
    I prefer to spend my leisure time golfing and choose not to monitor 3 forums, although TNFSolitude is now registered on those others. Because this has the biggest data base and a pretty good search function to find an answer to a problem previously covered, I probably hang out here as I have for a couple minutes every couple of days.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast