User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    dpkinney

How do I winterize 303rls?

I am not sure where the winterization fill is on the reflection.
    Thanks,
    Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I understand it, you set the can't leak valve to the winterization positions shown on the door and use the pump to pull the antifreeze through the city water connection.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Nick is right. As the pump is pulling antifreeze have someone open each water faucet until antifreeze appears. Don't forget the outdoor shower valve. And before you do the antifreeze thing drain the hot water tank. It is behind an outside cover.. Unscrew the plastic 3/4 inch nut, and lift the pressure valve lever to release all the water. Next spring make sure you fill the hot water tank before firing up the heater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also make sure you winterize the black flush tank line, it has a backflow preventer valve in it and mine froze last year. I blew it out with a compressor but evidently there was still water in it. Just a word of caution as I learned the hard way. Now I pump antifreeze in it with a hand pump until i see it come out of the black tank.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Moss View Post
    I believe Nick is right. As the pump is pulling antifreeze have someone open each water faucet until antifreeze appears. Don't forget the outdoor shower valve. And before you do the antifreeze thing drain the hot water tank. It is behind an outside cover.. Unscrew the plastic 3/4 inch nut, and lift the pressure valve lever to release all the water. Next spring make sure you fill the hot water tank before firing up the heater.
    All good, don't forget the low point drains at some time. I always trip the water heater circuit breaker before draining the heater and don't reset it until after I have refilled the heater in the spring.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did ours today. Put valves in winterize, bypass mode, drained the water heater. Took caps of low point drains and opened inside taps to let water out, (those caps are a bit of a pain, would be nice if GD would install taps instead) closed taps and put caps back on. Ran hose from antifreeze jug to city water connection and pumped antifreeze through the system. Quite easy.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

BBJonbo
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    Did ours today. Put valves in winterize, bypass mode, drained the water heater. Took caps of low point drains and opened inside taps to let water out, (those caps are a bit of a pain, would be nice if GD would install taps instead) closed taps and put caps back on. Ran hose from antifreeze jug to city water connection and pumped antifreeze through the system. Quite easy.
    Ditto. Did exactly this myself on Sunday. Just read the above warning on the black flush which I may have to go back to storage and hand pump some anti-freeze into.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you using to hand pump antifreeze into the back flush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a hand pump anti freeze kit at Camping World, that is what I used.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    I noticed there are no shut off {by pass} valves at the hot water tank. Did the antifreeze get to the cold and hot water lines going into and out of the hot water tank without filling the tank with antifreeze?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast