User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hi Dale. Don't know if this was mentioned here but when you install the wet bolts be sure to clock the holes in the bolts to 3 or 9 o'clock. This will help ensure you can get grease to exit the holes.
    Hope you can resolve the tire clearance issue. I have the CRE3000 on my 315 and we no longer have anything on the floor after towing.
    I actually had read that in a thread when I was doing the research, but thanks for reminding me. I will at least do the heavy duty shackle/wet bolt upgrade so that advice is very appreciated. Now I have been researching the Dexter E-Z Flex Equalizers. They seem to get good reviews and are designed as a direct replacement for Dexter 013-122-02 equalizers which is what is on my camper. So I was thinking if I have no clearance issues with those then the E-Z Flex ones should be good as well. I can also still use the X-Factor with the Dexter E-Z Flex so I might have found a solution.

Now I just need Grand Design to decide what to do with my bent axle/spindle so I can do the upgrade before our next camping trip.

Thanks again,

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    This matches what I was told by my installer so I only bought one.
    Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Lippert Equa-flex would be an option? These are what came stock on my Solitude and I replaced with the SRE4000. They are much better than the standard steel equalizer from what I have read but below the MORryde options.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Maybe the Lippert Equa-flex would be an option? These are what came stock on my Solitude and I replaced with the SRE4000. They are much better than the standard steel equalizer from what I have read but below the MORryde options.
    I have been looking at those as well. The only negative comments I have found is that some have had problems lining them up and getting the bolts in when they install them on Dexter axles. Might be their techniques, but the E-Z Flex by Dexter is a little wider and is advertised as a direct replacement for the stock equalizer on my trailer. I figured if I have no clearance issues with the stock ones then the E-Z Flex should be OK because the measurements are the same, but with my luck maybe not. I really haven't found any bad comments about the E-Z Flex and the people that have upgraded to them seem to be happy with them.

Thanks

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The axle and equalizers brands are irrelevant. The 2 never touch, the springs are what connect it all up. The Equa-Flex just looked like a step up from the E-Z Flex (but still below the SRE4000 - maybe comparable to the CRE3000).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The axle and equalizers brands are irrelevant. The 2 never touch, the springs are what connect it all up. The Equa-Flex just looked like a step up from the E-Z Flex (but still below the SRE4000 - maybe comparable to the CRE3000).
    I will look at them closer, thanks.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding from Performance Trailer was that the primary difference between the CRE3000 and the SRE4000 was a 1" higher ride height for the 4000.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding from Performance Trailer was that the primary difference between the CRE3000 and the SRE4000 was a 1" higher ride height for the 4000.
    I believe in addition to the taller height, it is also more travel and a higher load rating. SRE4000 is for axles rated 5200-7000 pounds.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in addition to the taller height, it is also more travel and a higher load rating. SRE4000 is for axles rated 5200-7000 pounds.
    More suspension travel is the result of lifting the trailer.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More suspension travel is the result of lifting the trailer or vice versa.
    They are related. The suspension sits higher because it is taller but also has more room to compress as a result which is the amount of travel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast