User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no cold air in my fridge!

We just purchased a brand new 2019 Grand Design 351M. We have had it plugged in and set up for 2 days now, and the refrigerator isn’t getting cold. The freezer is cold enough to keep the bag of ice we bought, frozen, but not to freeze anything. We had the power set to 9, then we tried 8 then 7 and nothing seems to be changing. Please help!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalenlaura View Post
    We just purchased a brand new 2019 Grand Design 351M. We have had it plugged in and set up for 2 days now, and the refrigerator isn’t getting cold. The freezer is cold enough to keep the bag of ice we bought, frozen, but not to freeze anything. We had the power set to 9, then we tried 8 then 7 and nothing seems to be changing. Please help!
    Are you using an actual thermometer to gauge the cold? I think the actual "air" inside our fridge isn't all that cold, but the thermometer says it is.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the center flap on the refrigerator. It is often the culprit. Many require pulling shut manually.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m curious about the center flap you mentioned? I’m also having lack of cooling issues with a brand new 260RD and Dometic double door. Brought it from dealer yesterday and have tried electric and propane but still reading 46 degrees inside after being on 24 hours here and 8 or so at the dealer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freezer temperature is the first thing to check. If it is good and refrigerator isn’t, it points to a door seal or loading issue.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absorption fridges perform very poorly in high temperatures / high humidity. One of the many reasons we canned ours and went residential, that and the power useage on them is off the carts. 10x what my residential pulls, I about had a stroke when I ran it on the Killowatt and saw it using $50 a month in electric, I could run my residential off an inverter and pull less. Crappy performance and high energy cost, tossed that POS right out the door. Salvaged the board and thermostat off the old one, dumped them on ebay for $250 IIRC.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV refers are not as efficient as residentail refers. An RV refer takes an average of a one hour to recover the cold that was lost when the door is open for one minute. In these high temps, leave it closed for a minimum of 24-48 hours for it to get up to temp. You have to be very patient with it......and leave those doors closed. Make sure the center flap on the left door is pulled all the way forward after the left door is closed.

Then when you get the refer down to temp and you start filling the refer with food.....if any of the food is room tempereture (and didn't come directly out of the refer at home) then it will warm your refer up and you're starting all over in trying to get it cooled down.

You'll get better at it as you become used to using an RV refer.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some chill going on, 33 degrees yeah. Someone had posted a PowerPoint on the dometic fridge design and install that was super helpful. After approximately 32 hours plugged in I had 46 degrees inside. As I was checking the baffle position on the top I noticed a sensor was touching the fins and that 3 or 4 fins had been pushed together (likely during installation). I separated the fins and tried to make the spacing between them even. This morning it’s now at 33 and I don’t have to drag a 1 day old camper back to the dealer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveO_VB View Post
    I have some chill going on, 33 degrees yeah. Someone had posted a PowerPoint on the dometic fridge design and install that was super helpful. After approximately 32 hours plugged in I had 46 degrees inside. As I was checking the baffle position on the top I noticed a sensor was touching the fins and that 3 or 4 fins had been pushed together (likely during installation). I separated the fins and tried to make the spacing between them even. This morning it’s now at 33 and I don’t have to drag a 1 day old camper back to the dealer.
    Glad you got it figured out. Now go out and enjoy that new trailer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/