User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Just one data point but I experienced a right rear spring hanger failure with the X-Factor cross brace installed on the center hanger only. So it would seem the cross member only protects the hangers it is attached to (insert Duh! here).
    I still haven't made up my mind about installing them on the outboard braces. I thought for now I would do these improvements then after the credit card recovers I might add the other two at a later date. Between 5 new Goodyear Endurance tires, Dexter E-Z Flex equalizer, MORryde X-Factor Crossmember, MORryde Heavy Duty Shackles and Wet Bolt Kit, two sets of SumoSprings, and maybe an axle if GD decides not to replace my bad one, I probably should call it good for now.

Thanks for the real world experience. It will help with my decision in the future.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer not done yet Dale. I’ve spent about $4k in my suspension. 😧 I’m hoping for a year without any suspension issues. Hopefully you have better luck. Now if my 3rd replacement A/C would arrive I’d be good to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer not done yet Dale. I’ve spent about $4k in my suspension. �� I’m hoping for a year without any suspension issues. Hopefully you have better luck. Now if my 3rd replacement A/C would arrive I’d be good to go.
    Sounds like you have my kind of luck.
    Dale & Tammy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer not done yet Dale. I’ve spent about $4k in my suspension. �� I’m hoping for a year without any suspension issues. Hopefully you have better luck. Now if my 3rd replacement A/C would arrive I’d be good to go.
    Just out of curiosity, did you consider going with the independent suspension?
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    Yeah, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, something I could do by myself in my driveway. I also did not want to spend that kind of money on an entry level camper, well, entry level for GD.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sumo springs, eh? I hadn't given that much thought. I'll be interested to hear how this all works when you get it done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Sumo springs, eh? I hadn't given that much thought. I'll be interested to hear how this all works when you get it done.

I will probably start a new thread when I get it done and take it out the first time to let everyone know how much better it is. I am hoping to have it done when we go out the middle of July. If GD delays me too much then it will be the August trip.

When I wrote the expert at etrailer about it he said the SumoSprings would be a great alternative to the shocks since I don't have room for them. Won't work as well as a shock for some items but gives advantages the shocks don't have. The company that makes them even advertises them as having the effect of a shock absorber, we will see.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    No I never did consider the IS. It's expensive after all. The money I spent on my suspension was over a period of years. After adding it all up it's about the same price as the IS setup but who knew the suspensions was going to turn into such a money pit. I think I have it sorted now though.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I will probably start a new thread when I get it done and take it out the first time to let everyone know how much better it is. I am hoping to have it done when we go out the middle of July. If GD delays me too much then it will be the August trip.

When I wrote the expert at etrailer about it he said the SumoSprings would be a great alternative to the shocks since I don't have room for them. Won't work as well as a shock for some items but gives advantages the shocks don't have. The company that makes them even advertises them as having the effect of a shock absorber, we will see.

Dale
    Interesting. Do you remember which model they suggested?

2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Interesting. Do you remember which model they suggested?

This is the item that I bought, you need two of them for dual axles, https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Lea...ll-description and here is the question that I asked him, https://www.etrailer.com/question-365134.html The only thing about his comment, he says the SumoSprings don't stay engaged all the time and I don't think that is right. You preload them with 1/4 to 1/2" of load with the trailer sitting with the axles loaded. So they are different than the Timbren SES I have on the truck where they are set up with a 1/2" of clearance and don't engage until the truck is loaded and starts to squat. So it seems like to me that the SumoSprings would be engaged at all times. They are not cheap but if they really do everything the company says about stabilizing the camper and helping reduce sway it will be money well spent.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast