User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde CRE3000 or SRE4000

I have been looking at possible suspension upgrades for my 2018 Imagine 2670MK and was wondering if the MORryde SRE4000 is overkill for my trailer over the CRE3000 or would it be worth the extra money for the better system? The SRE4000 also comes with the X-Factor Crossmember. I have done a couple of searches and there really isn't anything that compares the two systems.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, never mind. I was on the MORryde site and realized I completely missed the SRE4000 is for 5200 to 7000lbs axles and mine has 4400lbs axles. To bad, they seemed like they would be the best answer to smooth out my trailer's ride. It does make the decision easier unless someone has a better setup than the CRE3000.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it seems you and I are on the same hunt. I was just debating the CRE3000/SRE4000 for my 2600RB (7850GVWR) and you answered my question. I just found this this (link) and was coming to look for info on it. Their video makes it look like the bees knees, but that's advertising...

I'm planning to do the x-member brace regardless. I read some threads on it and some folks recommended doing all three (tandem axle) because the spring hangers are a major weak point. Not sure I'm ready to plunk down a full G on suspension toys for something I tow so little, but it is summer and I did just have my trailer's muffler bearings lube'd. So, maybe it's a good idea.
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Well, it seems you and I are on the same hunt. I was just debating the CRE3000/SRE4000 for my 2600RB (7850GVWR) and you answered my question. I just found this this (link) and was coming to look for info on it. Their video makes it look like the bees knees, but that's advertising...

I'm planning to do the x-member brace regardless. I read some threads on it and some folks recommended doing all three (tandem axle) because the spring hangers are a major weak point. Not sure I'm ready to plunk down a full G on suspension toys for something I tow so little, but it is summer and I did just have my trailer's muffler bearings lube'd. So, maybe it's a good idea.
    I actually asked the question about using the crossbar on all three and most of the recommendations were to just use it on the center one. When I did the measuring for the CRE3000 qualification I don't have enough tire clearance to floor bottom on the right side, I have less than 3". So unless I raise the camper on the springs I can't use the CRE3000. I did find that Dexter has a system called the E-Z Flex (K71-655-00) which is a direct replacement for the equalizers used on the 4400lbs axles (part # 013-122-02). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1 They also sell it with the heavy duty shackles and wet bolts (K71-653-00). I am going to do the crossbar and the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle and Wet Bolt Kit (UO12-016) no matter which unit I decide to use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

I did see the Road Armor and Equa-Flex by Lippert but so far I can't get anyone to answer the phone so I can ask them questions. That is a sign of poor customer service. I really like the idea that the Dexter E-Z Flex is a direct replacement for what I have so there shouldn't be any clearance issues.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I actually asked the question about using the crossbar on all three and most of the recommendations were to just use it on the center one. When I did the measuring for the CRE3000 qualification I don't have enough tire clearance to floor bottom on the right side, I have less than 3". So unless I raise the camper on the springs I can't use the CRE3000. I did find that Dexter has a system called the E-Z Flex (K71-655-00) which is a direct replacement for the equalizers used on the 4400lbs axles (part # 013-122-02). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1 They also sell it with the heavy duty shackles and wet bolts (K71-653-00). I am going to do the crossbar and the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle and Wet Bolt Kit (UO12-016) no matter which unit I decide to use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

I did see the Road Armor and Equa-Flex by Lippert but so far I can't get anyone to answer the phone so I can ask them questions. That is a sign of poor customer service. I really like the idea that the Dexter E-Z Flex is a direct replacement for what I have so there shouldn't be any clearance issues.

Dale
    Sounds like a plan. I cannot find much evidence of anyone with the road armor kit installed. It looks like a nice piece, but I don't have time for unproven products. I'm still probably going with the CRE3000 kit, wet bolts, and at least one brace. I have read of others using that setup on a 2600RB, but I'll measure first. I was also looking at shock absorber kits, but I'm probably not going to take it that far --at least not anytime soon.

FWIW, I was considering using three braces for these reasons:
    • I've seen videos of suspension flex in normal driving and in tight turns and all those hangers flex quite a bit.
    • Because the new equalizer pivot point is lower relative to the frame rail than the original, it will likely impart more lateral forces to the hanger (center only, and fixed with a single brace)
    • My gut says if you stiffen one end of the spring with the brace (in the center for example), then the lateral loads will be at least partially shifted to the other end where there's more freedom to flex. This could increase deflection and accelerate metal fatigue.
    • I don't feel like paying someone to reinforce the outer hangers.

I dunno... I tend to overthink things. The real truth of it is how my truck's suspension is so much more robust compared to the trailer despite them being similar weights.
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan. I cannot find much evidence of anyone with the road armor kit installed. It looks like a nice piece, but I don't have time for unproven products. I'm still probably going with the CRE3000 kit, wet bolts, and at least one brace. I have read of others using that setup on a 2600RB, but I'll measure first. I was also looking at shock absorber kits, but I'm probably not going to take it that far --at least not anytime soon.

FWIW, I was considering using three braces for these reasons:
    • I've seen videos of suspension flex in normal driving and in tight turns and all those hangers flex quite a bit.
    • Because the new equalizer pivot point is lower relative to the frame rail than the original, it will likely impart more lateral forces to the hanger (center only, and fixed with a single brace)
    • My gut says if you stiffen one end of the spring with the brace (in the center for example), then the lateral loads will be at least partially shifted to the other end where there's more freedom to flex. This could increase deflection and accelerate metal fatigue.
    • I don't feel like paying someone to reinforce the outer hangers.

I dunno... I tend to overthink things. The real truth of it is how my truck's suspension is so much more robust compared to the trailer despite them being similar weights.
    I think the braces are $130 on Amazon so 2 more will only be a little over $260 more. Might be worth it for peace of mind.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I think the braces are $130 on Amazon so 2 more will only be a little over $260 more. Might be worth it for peace of mind.

Dale
    Yep, that's kinda what I thought.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out and looked under mine today and realized that the gray tank plumbing is in the way of all three mounts on the driver's side. Looks like I won't be installing any of the braces.

2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out and looked under mine today and realized that the gray tank plumbing is in the way of all three mounts on the driver's side. Looks like I won't be installing any of the braces.

You have the luck I do. I wanted to install a shock kit but my clearance between the tire and frame is too small, need 4" and I only have 3". Then I wanted to install the MORryde CRE3000 but you need 3" clearance above the tire and I only have 2 3/4". So I have decided to install the Dexter E-Z Flex which is a direct replacement for my current equalizer, the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle Kit with Wet Bolts, the SumoSprings instead of shocks, and one crossbar on the center braces. It may not be as smooth as a Cadillac when I get done but it would have to handle potholes and rough roads a lot better.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one data point but I experienced a right rear spring hanger failure with the X-Factor cross brace installed on the center hanger only. So it would seem the cross member only protects the hangers it is attached to (insert Duh! here).
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast