User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No electrical power in slideout

Yesterday everything worked perfect. Today after a 6 hour road trip the fridge fuse has popped and everything electrical that is in the same slideout as the fridge doesn't work. So no lights or fan above the stove and no fridge. As soon as I replace the fuse for the fridge it pops. Must be a short somewhere. Any idea where I might start to look.
    2016 reflection 318rst
    2018 gmc denali duramax
    Furry friends: Luke and Lilly
    Lab, retriever mix

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by True north View Post
    Yesterday everything worked perfect. Today after a 6 hour road trip the fridge fuse has popped and everything electrical that is in the same slideout as the fridge doesn't work. So no lights or fan above the stove and no fridge. As soon as I replace the fuse for the fridge it pops. Must be a short somewhere. Any idea where I might start to look.
    I'd pull the +12V off the frig control board and see if the fuse still blows. That be the the wire with a color trace, like white/red for +12V just below the yellow label of the frig control board.
    The 12V wire for the slide comes up thru the floor into the bottom cabinet to the right of the oven, then runs up the wall behind the frig and into the hollow part of the cabinet that has the LED puck light just to the right of the stove hood vent.
    It is crimp connected to the frig wires, the stove fan and light wires and the other puck lights for that slide.

Fuzzy picture of frig control board with 12V at bottom right of the control board.
    Last edited by gbkims; 06-23-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I pulled the 12v wire and replaced the fuse. I now have the lights and hood fan over the stove working.
    The fridge still doesn't work though
    2016 reflection 318rst
    2018 gmc denali duramax
    Furry friends: Luke and Lilly
    Lab, retriever mix

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by True north View Post
    So no lights or fan above the stove and no fridge. As soon as I replace the fuse for the fridge it pops. Must be a short somewhere. Any idea where I might start to look.
    Am I correct the fuse you reference is in the main fuse panel, and labeled refrigerator? If so, I wonder if the connection to the rear of your fuse panel may have a loose wire where that fuse is. I would take the panel off by removing the four screws and take a look behind it.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the cover off the fuse panel and everything looks to be tight.
    And yes the fridge fuse in the main panel.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying the fridge doesn't work at all, or on LP and 12 volt, or 110 volt?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is correct.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the basics:
    Like Steve7 says, I'd remove the cover of the main DC panel and make sure the screws are tight for that circuit.
    Also I'd want to check the battery to make sure it's fully charged

Yes the frig won't work on gas or 120V without 12V to its control board.

The frig's DC fuse on its circuit board right above where the 12V wires connect is supposed to be a 5A automotive type fuse, so a problem with the frig should blow the 5A before 15A fuse.
    Almost like there's a partial short on the circuit and adding the frig raises the amps enough to blow the 15A fuse.

A couple of my wires behind the frig near its chimney got a bit hot as they touched it. Didn't get through the wire's insulation.
    The white jacketed ones are the 120VAC, the 12VDC wires with some color trace comes up from below, into the cabinet near the LED light and back out for the frig.

Click For Full-Size Image.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to check the wire harness under the slide that goes from the main coach into the slide out.

Wouldn't be the first time that a wire got pinched from movement.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You may want to check the wire harness under the slide that goes from the main coach into the slide out.

Wouldn't be the first time that a wire got pinched from movement.
    Or the plastic deal that is supposed to keep the wires up off the tires has failed and a wire has rubbed through. Had this happen on our previous RV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast