User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I am very happy with the upgrades I did, the trailer handles completely different. I am glad the CRE3000 worked with the 2670MK.
    Dale
    So, your post got me thinking, and I measured my clearance today. I’m at 4” on both sides. Right side maybe a little less than the left but not much. Obviously I don’t know what it was before the CRE3000, maybe it was less? I know you said less than 3” — that would be a really small amount of clearance! You may want to get someone to look at it, I’d be worried at less than 3 1/2 just eyeballing it. Well, partly because I live in SC where the secondary roads are sh*tty...
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Flyer View Post
    So, your post got me thinking, and I measured my clearance today. I’m at 4” on both sides. Right side maybe a little less than the left but not much. Obviously I don’t know what it was before the CRE3000, maybe it was less? I know you said less than 3” — that would be a really small amount of clearance! You may want to get someone to look at it, I’d be worried at less than 3 1/2 just eyeballing it. Well, partly because I live in SC where the secondary roads are sh*tty...
    I see you guys are pilots, very cool. I think your CRE3000 might have raised it a little. I looked at a new one a few weeks ago when we were camping in Door County Wisconsin and his looked almost identical to mine. I am glad the 3000 are working for you. I chickened out and went with the Dexter E-Z Flex because it was a direct replacement for the stock equalizer with absolutely no fit issues.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....... I chickened out and went with the Dexter E-Z Flex because it was a direct replacement for the stock equalizer with absolutely no fit issues.
    Dale
    A project penciled in for after camping season and not sure if I want to use the most popular CRE3000 or the Dexter or the Lippert system. Have you put your Dexter E-Z Flex on the road yet?
    Last edited by classic2step; 08-25-2019 at 03:15 AM. Reason: sp
    Walter and Judy
    2019 Grand Design - Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Factory Towing Model
    Home Base is Portsmouth, VA
    Retired Machinist, Firefighter and still active dance instructors.
    Always camping with our three kitties.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic2step View Post
    A project penciled in for after camping season and not sure if I want to use the most popular CRE3000 or the Dexter or the Lippert system. Have you put your Dexter E-Z Flex on the road yet?
    Stay away from the Lippert system, mine came stock with the equa-flex and the equalizers got all beat up from the suspension travel. I replaced mine with CRE3000 and HD shackle/wet bolt kit. I no longer hear any creaking in the suspension when going over any bumps and it does ride well. I also replaced all my springs and u bolts at the same time since my spring leaves were starting to separate from each other and flatten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have pulled it from Southeast Missouri to Elkhart, IN the up to Door County, WI and back and now we went to Ouray, CO and are now over by Mesa Verde and we have had no problems and it has definitely helped the ride and handling of the trailer. I know some of the ones that came stock on some trailers had problems because the rubber failed and they mounted them with standard bolts and shackles, so they wore out quickly. The new ones have an updated rubber bumper and you definitely want to mount it with the heavy duty shackles and wet bolts. If I had the required tire clearance I probably would have installed the CRE3000 because of the great reviews.

The other upgrades I did also had a big positive affect on the trailer handling, Goodyear Endurance tires, SumoSprings for trailers, the MORryde crossbar, and the MORryde wet bolt and heavy duty shackle kit. It is hard to tell which improvement made the biggest difference but they all work well together and the trailer handles the bad roads much better.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Stay away from the Lippert system, mine came stock with the equa-flex and the equalizers got all beat up from the suspension travel. I replaced mine with CRE3000 and HD shackle/wet bolt kit. I no longer hear any creaking in the suspension when going over any bumps and it does ride well. I also replaced all my springs and u bolts at the same time since my spring leaves were starting to separate from each other and flatten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did read where some of the earlier versions used an inferior rubber and the ones that came stock on trailers were mounted with the standard shackles and bolts which caused them to fail. Dexter advertises they have improved the rubber and you definitely want to mount them with a wet bolt and heavy duty shackle kit. So far I could not find any recent reviews of the newer ones failing. Now having said that, I would have installed the CRE3000 if I had the required tire clearance because of the great reviews. I even called MORryde and talked to them because I was very close to having the clearance but not quite and they said no, don’t use their product. Their clearance requirements are the absolute minimum to guarantee tire clearance and they could not recommend using their product.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have pulled it from Southeast Missouri to Elkhart, IN the up to Door County, WI and back and now we went to Ouray, CO and are now over by Mesa Verde and we have had no problems and it has definitely helped the ride and handling of the trailer. I know some of the ones that came stock on some trailers had problems because the rubber failed and they mounted them with standard bolts and shackles, so they wore out quickly. The new ones have an updated rubber bumper and you definitely want to mount it with the heavy duty shackles and wet bolts. If I had the required tire clearance I probably would have installed the CRE3000 because of the great reviews.

The other upgrades I did also had a big positive affect on the trailer handling, Goodyear Endurance tires, SumoSprings for trailers, the MORryde crossbar, and the MORryde wet bolt and heavy duty shackle kit. It is hard to tell which improvement made the biggest difference but they all work well together and the trailer handles the bad roads much better.

Dale
    Thanks for the information Dale. I checked the tire clearance and it's right at 4" when loaded including fresh water tank so I will probably go with the MORryde system plus wet bolt and shackles. Not ready for the tire swap yet. my Chinese tires are wearing well and I keep a close check on the pressure as well as wheel torque. I may however pull them off when doing the upgrade and get them balanced.

Walter
    Walter and Judy
    2019 Grand Design - Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Factory Towing Model
    Home Base is Portsmouth, VA
    Retired Machinist, Firefighter and still active dance instructors.
    Always camping with our three kitties.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information Dale. I checked the tire clearance and it's right at 4" when loaded including fresh water tank so I will probably go with the MORryde system plus wet bolt and shackles. Not ready for the tire swap yet. my Chinese tires are wearing well and I keep a close check on the pressure as well as wheel torque. I may however pull them off when doing the upgrade and get them balanced.

Walter
    My Westlakes were doing fine as well. Then I had the inside wear out on one due to a bent spindle and got a cut in the sidewalk of another so I decided to replace all of them since they had 9700 miles on them. I even replaced the spare which was probably overkill. I am glad you have the clearance to use the CRE3000. Let me know how they work out for you and if you have any clearance issues. I like balancing my trailer tires as well, even my small trailer I haul my motorcycle on. The guy at the tire store always looks at me like I am crazy when I ask them to balance trailer tires.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12