User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde CRE3000 on 2670MK?

Has anyone installed the MORryde CRE3000 on their 2670MK? I have been thinking of doing this and went out and did the measurement required by MORryde qualification. One of the requirements is a minimum clearance above the tire of three inches. On the right side (kitchen slide) I only have between 2 3/4" and 2 7/8" clearance. I have no indications that the tire has ever contacted the underside of the slide and the springs still have a nice arc to them. If I remember correctly the right side of the trailer is the heavy side, plus my driveway has a slope to that side which probably doesn't help.

So if anyone has installed these on their 2670MK and has been successful please let me know. Also, what was your tire clearance measurements before installing the CRE3000?

Thanks,

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call these guys and talk to them. They are the experts and will let you know what you can and cannot do.

http://www.performancetrailerbraking.com
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I almost did it.....A month ago took the 2670MK to the dealer to have MorRydes, wet bolts and Lippert forward adjusting brakes put on (mine was made just before the 2670's started coming with automatic adjusting brakes). They did the brakes and wet bolts but missed doing the CRE3000's. I could have demanded they do it, for only the parts cost...but it would have been a couple more weeks waiting for an opening in the shop, and another 140 mile round trip for me. I'd be interested in impressions anyone has about how significant an improvement they are. I still might be able to bully the dealer into doing it....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Call these guys and talk to them. They are the experts and will let you know what you can and cannot do.

http://www.performancetrailerbraking.com
    Thanks, I will call them tomorrow. I talked to one of the MORryde tech people today and she said the 3" clearance is the absolute minimum between the top of the tire and the bottom of the floor. Anything else and you risk contact with the tire. Just when I was getting excited about upgrading the low end suspinsion, oh well, at least I can still upgrade the shackles and wet bolts.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I almost did it.....A month ago took the 2670MK to the dealer to have MorRydes, wet bolts and Lippert forward adjusting brakes put on (mine was made just before the 2670's started coming with automatic adjusting brakes). They did the brakes and wet bolts but missed doing the CRE3000's. I could have demanded they do it, for only the parts cost...but it would have been a couple more weeks waiting for an opening in the shop, and another 140 mile round trip for me. I'd be interested in impressions anyone has about how significant an improvement they are. I still might be able to bully the dealer into doing it....
    I was hoping you might have added this and would chime in. To bad they forgot to do it. Did they forget to do it or refuse because of the lack of clearance with the top of the tire? Do you remember what your measurement is from the top of the tire to the bottom of the kitchen slide floor? Mine also doesn't have the auto adjusting brakes. I figure when it needs brakes I will replace the entire system and put on the auto adjusting.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I was hoping you might have added this and would chime in. To bad they forgot to do it. Did they forget to do it or refuse because of the lack of clearance with the top of the tire? Do you remember what your measurement is from the top of the tire to the bottom of the kitchen slide floor? Mine also doesn't have the auto adjusting brakes. I figure when it needs brakes I will replace the entire system and put on the auto adjusting.

Dale
    They just forgot. They said they almost never see someone doing that upgrade, but wet bolts are very common. I mostly wanted the brakes, but figured since I was paying them to jack it up and take the wheels off anyway, the added time for the MorRydes would be affordable. Labor for what they did (plus a bearing repack) was about 2.5 hrs @ $130 per hour.....pricey, but given I don't have all the jacks and stands that I would need to try it myself....
    I didn't go through the whole fitment guide - I figured that is what I was paying a dealer for....so perhaps I dodged an issue.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just forgot. They said they almost never see someone doing that upgrade, but wet bolts are very common. I mostly wanted the brakes, but figured since I was paying them to jack it up and take the wheels off anyway, the added time for the MorRydes would be affordable. Labor for what they did (plus a bearing repack) was about 2.5 hrs @ $130 per hour.....pricey, but given I don't have all the jacks and stands that I would need to try it myself....
    I didn't go through the whole fitment guide - I figured that is what I was paying a dealer for....so perhaps I dodged an issue.
    Does make since to do it all since they have to take it apart to put the rest of the stuff on. If you have some free time on your hands one day and a tape measure in your pocket would you mind measuring the right side tires from the top to the slide floor and see what you get? It is difficult to do since the tape measure has to be bent. I took two small pieces of 2x4s when put together was 3" and I could not force them between the tire and the floor bottom.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sande005, I installed CRE3000s on my 315RLTS. Before these went on we had things inside the trailer thrown about during travel. After, we had inadvertently left a stack of bath towels on top of the bedroom dresser. After traveling 200+ miles I stepped inside, the towels had not moved. I think they're a good addition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the CRE3000 + wet bolts on my 2019 2670MK. The trailer goes over bumps significantly more smoothly, you don’t get the big hitch pull up/down on bumps like I got before I did it. I went a little wild right after I bought it with 6V batteries and magnum inverter, battery monitor, control panel etc. I had the dealer install it when I did that. Wasn’t much more. Never discussed anything about clearance though. Not had any issue and would do it again. I’ve been on some pretty bad roads with it!

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Flyer View Post
    I installed the CRE3000 + wet bolts on my 2019 2670MK. The trailer goes over bumps significantly more smoothly, you don’t get the big hitch pull up/down on bumps like I got before I did it. I went a little wild right after I bought it with 6V batteries and magnum inverter, battery monitor, control panel etc. I had the dealer install it when I did that. Wasn’t much more. Never discussed anything about clearance though. Not had any issue and would do it again. I’ve been on some pretty bad roads with it!

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am very happy with the upgrades I did, the trailer handles completely different. I am glad the CRE3000 worked with the 2670MK.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast