Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Pressure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is all great info as this is all new to us. (we were tent campers for 35 years or so) If all of you watch you tire pressure daily when traveling, do you all carry an air compressor with you? I have one I could bring, but it would take up a lot of room and add extra weight that I'm trying to avoid to stay under the truck payload capacity. I've got lots of towing capacity, but truck payload capacity is a pinch point for us(2354 lbs total). What do all of you use if you carry an compressor with you????

Thanks all,

Paul
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a tankless air compressor, they are small and does not weight much. Checked on Harbor Freight site , they got one that goes to 150 lbs. It is 64 dollars on line. Or check around for one locally that is a tankless just make sure the pressure it will make exceeds your tire pressure you are running. I am using a tankless one also. Hope this helps some. Hoodie.

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a Campbell Hausfeld since 2001 that I originally purchased at Wal Mart to keep tires inflated on a motorhome we owned at the time. It's tankless, pretty light weight, and still works like a champ. We now have a 5th wheel and I recently purchased a Volcano on Amazon. I can' speak to its long term durability, but it inflates faster, it's much quieter, and it is extremely light weight. It received consistently good reviews on Amazon (a few complaints) so I thought I would give it a try. My intent is to travel with it in the 5'er and keep the other at home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123