Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mattress???

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEW MATTRESS!! We are very pleased...
    We selected from Wayfair "Wayfair Sleep Medium Memory Foam" Queen 60x80x8 about 54 lbs about $200. It shipped UPS in a box, we opened in the trailer on the bed platform and it popped into shape and was odor-free in 2 days.
    Perfect fit on the platform. Surprisingly tall off the floor with the extra 4 inches. The original mattress was 4" about 25 lbs.

WARNING hatch gas struts. When the old mattress was off the platform, I opened the under bed hatch and with no mattress weight the gas struts "hyper-extended" and would not compress so the hatch was stuck fully open.
    I ordered 2 new struts from the manufacturer Lavanture Products (about $12.50 each) at the next higher weight capacity for the heavier new mattress. It was an easy switch, I unscrewed the original brackets (so I would not hyper-extend the new struts) unscrewed the old struts from the ball&socket ends and screwed the new struts in their place. When I reattached the brackets to the particle board, I made sure the hatch was only 1/2 high.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sizes don’t look like they fit I need and 72x80 king I think. I have a tempur-pedic at home and I love it. Thinking about a Wliderness or Brooklyn mattress

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234