User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior LED Lighting Upgrade 2020 31MB

Hey Folks,

Picking up my 2020 31MB this week and I love everything about this unit other than the exterior lighting. The dealer agreed to install new LED tail lights, so Id like to replace all the exterior lights with LED's. I've done a search and haven't found a ton of info, so I'm looking to you guys for some guidance. I cant for the life of me understand why with the technology and the relatively low cost why the Reflection series doesn't come with exterior LED lighting. We looked at almost every make of trailer out there and the Reflection was about the only unit it without, but the positives of this unit and company out weighed the LED light facts.

Also I'm coming from a Keystone product that was nothing but a disappointment quality wise, some I blame on the servicing dealer(s) however. Im hoping the quality of this trailer is better than what I had, which it appears to be thus far. The Reflection gives me many upgrades and a 9 year newer trailer, with a 4 year old who loves camping it was time to upgrade and buy something so she has her own space.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ill try and figure out how to post pictures when we pick it up.

Sarge

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the Keystone comment. It has been a great experience to go to Grand Design. Still have problems but I expect them and have not found anything I cannot fix (yet). I was able to reduce the weight of tools I had to carry for the Keystone by about 1/2 for the Grand Design.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarge261, are you sure you don't have outdoor lighting? I have the Imagine 2970RL & it has a strip of LED's under the awing & on the front. IMHO, they are way too bright for 99% of the time, but it is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have the under awning lights and the strip up front, which I don't know how to turn on. What I was referring to was the running lights brake lights etc. You would think with todays technology and relatively low cost of LED's you wouldn't even consider putting an incandescent bulb on a travel trailer, especially at this "quality" level. Its just my opinion and like I said, coming from a keystone this is night and day for me in the quality department.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge261 View Post
    I do have the under awning lights and the strip up front, which I don't know how to turn on. What I was referring to was the running lights brake lights etc. You would think with todays technology and relatively low cost of LED's you wouldn't even consider putting an incandescent bulb on a travel trailer, especially at this "quality" level. Its just my opinion and like I said, coming from a keystone this is night and day for me in the quality department.
    I replaced all my running lights with these and am pleased with the results.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The switch to turn on the exterior led lights on the 297rsts are on the upper left of the water panel in the storage area....I had a hard time finding it also, just a rocker switch.
    Retired Army Aviator - Wife, soon to be retired court reporter
    2020 297RSTS with dual batteries, looking at solar.
    2020 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 (Yeah, it's small, but it's working
    Have dogs, will travel... Coonhound and yellow lab mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    Sarge261, are you sure you don't have outdoor lighting? I have the Imagine 2970RL & it has a strip of LED's under the awing & on the front. IMHO, they are way too bright for 99% of the time, but it is there.
    I agree that the awing lights were way too bright for most use. I replaced the light switch with a dimmer and now i can set it to the perfect brightness for my needs. Would def recommend this mod. Lots of youtube videos on how to do this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge261 View Post
    Id like to replace all the exterior lights with LED's. I've done a search and haven't found a ton of info, so I'm looking to you guys for some guidance.
    I replaced our marker lights (taillights were already LED) with another product from this company:

https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Bulls...5643061&sr=8-4

I believe that product exactly has been used by a number of people here. Amazon wouldn't ship them to me in Canada so I used another Partsam product, happy with them. Brighter and less power drain wins every time.

I didn't know about the bulbs that @Markb777 used... sure would be less work than replacing entire marker light assemblies as I did.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch