User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone cover the glass on the bedroom entry door?

Has anyone tried the Blackout EZTM RV Window Cover on their entry door glass?

https://blackoutez.com/RV-Window-Cover

They custom make a cover to fit the window and it looks like they use velcro to attach it to the door. I considered replacing the frosted glass with the "slim shade" but I'd rather a simpler solution.

I'm also considering just use the Camco Reflective Door Sun Shade, but it doesn't block out all the light and I like it dark in the morning!

If you have a different solution, I'd like to hear that too.

Thanks

Bob

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post

They custom make a cover to fit the window and it looks like they use velcro to attach it to the door. I considered replacing the frosted glass with the "slim shade" but I'd rather a simpler solution.

I'm also considering just use the Camco Reflective Door Sun Shade, but it doesn't block out all the light and I like it dark in the morning!

Thanks

Bob
    We use foam board cut to size and double-stick tape to hold it. Works good!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Natura...WDKEGB2YN9B7BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been using this for 4 years. It's simple and effective and easy to install with magnets cleverly attached to the screen. I hate fighting velcro. I installed it along with a clear glass window.

https://www.rossrvinnovations.info/window-shade/
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the Blackout covers last year for both doors on our 2500RL. They were easy to put up with the velco tape provided. We haven't taken them off since installing them. For what you get, they are a little overpriced but they are effective.
    Mike and Sally
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ram 1500
    Camco Eazlift R3 Recurve hitch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to make cover for the window out of 1/4" plywood but decided to buy a snap on cover from Amazon. I will let you know how it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slim Shade installed in our door. Dug around the forum and found a thread about using popsicle sticks instead of ordering the Lippert wedge kit ($.88 vs $30+) to remove the old window. Very pleased with the Slim Shade.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought an update was in order!

The shade that I mentioned in my original post looked nice, but no one seemed to know anything about it. It came with a couple options, which I wasn't sure on, so I called the company and left a message and I also emailed them. Well I never heard from back from them...not a word! That combined with the fact that the shade was attached to the RV door with glued on Velcro strips which I wasn't sure how that would work long term, not to mention that it was also a tad pricey, I decided to keep searching for a shade.

I then found a shade uses snaps to attach to the door for $23.95 on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

They make the shade to fit a standard door window. The instructions tell you to remove a screw from each corner and replace it with screw and snap that is supplied with the shade. Easy enough, right??? Wrong...Unfortunately our trailer door window doesn't have any screws! I contacted the company looking for a template of sorts so I could install it. Well they recommended against drilling into my door molding. Well I took a chance and bought it anyway.

I taped the shade using blue tape over the RV door window positioning it where it should be. Then I very carefully marked the where the snaps hit the corners of the plastic door molding. I then drilled a tiny pilot hole in the center where a snap should be installed, only drilling deep enough to penetrate the plastic molding. I then removed the bit from the drill and poked it into the hole and the bit went in about 3/8” before it hit something solid. I just wanted to make sure that snap with its self tapping screw didn’t hit anything inside the door and it didn’t. Then I screwed one snap (the ones that came with the shade) to the door. Then I attached the cover using the one snap and I pulled it taught. I marked where the next snap needed to be and installed as I did the first. I just needed to make sure that I ONLY drilled thru the black plastic molding and no deeper. I did this for the remainder of the snaps and the shade now fits perfectly flat on the door! I recognize that the snaps are only screwed into plastic, but it shouldn’t be an issue because we won’t be taking the shade off all too often, so I’m sure that the snaps into the plastic will hold.

As for the shade itself.....It does the job, it blocks almost all of the light and it has a real nice finished look to it. It looks a whole lot better than my cheapo cardboard shade! We are very happy!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Frame Deformed after using Reflextic Cover

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post

Thanks

Bob
    I installed the reflextic cover for the door windows. That side of the trailer faces the west. After having the covers on for a few weeks, I noticed that the inside frame of the bedroom door window is warped. I think that too much heat was retained for the plastic frame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same happened to me! The reflextic directly on the window would probably work better, but in my case there was about an inch of space between the frame where I mounted the reflextic flush and the window. Just enough to trap the heat and do damage.

Going to get the LCI Replacement with thin shade kit. LCI # 806621.
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast