User Tag List

Thread: 2019 21g. ——

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 21g. ——

Bought a 21g in oct 2018. It has been in the shop more than in my possession
    List of ver 50 items that were missed or faulty from the factory
    - generator installed incorrectly ...power out was sent to ground ...ground was hooked to power
    - fuel station pump/gauge faulty
    - awning install incomplete ,missing several rail to coach screws resulting in awning pulling away from coach
    - recliners defective —
    - logos on all furniture headrests peeling off
    - exterior silicone incomplete resulting in water leakage on the slide
    - rear ramp locking mechanism installed without bumper pads
    - emergency window seal peeling
    - exterior door latches installed incorrectly
    - interior caulking incomplete in the shower
    - shower head installed backwards
    - interior cabinet latches installed incorrectly resulting in cabinet damage
    Just to give the highlights
    Must say the 225 point pre delivery inspection from the factory missed a few items

However GD has been pretty good with authorizing warranty repairs ... just unfortunate that the unit likes the dealer shop more than the great outdoors .....
    Hopefully all issues will be resolved soon and we can enjoy time with it before the warranty runs out
    Just wanted to share to see if any one else has had similar factory missed items
    Thanks for reading and commenting

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you had all of these problems , BUT had the dealer followed GDs Dealer Checklist, all of these would have been addressed prior to delivery. Obviously GD’s QC also failed, but if they still utilize the double deep inspections they used to, the Customer should not have been involved.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to trailers built by piece workers... fun isn’t it. This industry needs a major shakeup.

Hope they sort it all out! Keep at it.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious how a shower head is installed backwards when it is on a hose?

It only fits on one way...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also sorry to hear about your numerous problems.
    The awning rail also started coming loose on our 21G. I have purchased Oscar (molly) rivets to repair it. I had rather spend three hours doing the repair myself than leaving it at the dealer for 3 or 4 weeks.
    Have used our 21G for 41 nights so far and the headrests on the recliners are not showing any signs of peeling emblems.
    I'm curious about what was the problem with the exterior compartment door latches?
    My latches were too loose so removed each tab and bent them slightly an reinstalled so they would latch the doors firmly.
    I have a couple other problems, FW tank overflows and black tank flush that I have not tackled yet.

Hope you get your problems resolved.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So follow up on my 21G -- after yet another outing gone wrong with multiple issues -- returned hme -- met with my Dealer and the dealer agreed to a return/exchange of the unit for another GD model.
    the last straw was electical issues and no access for the spare tire crank mechanism when we incurred a flat tire.
    Cudos to Traveland in Langley for stepping up and taking responsibility -- even if GD is not accepting it was a poor build. moving on to a 2500RL -- lets see how the 25000 RL measures up in quality