User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our Reflection 303 since July 11th. We have had minor issues and Grand Design Customer service {Dean} has been there for us. Things that I have fixed. He responded to my emails right away and sent me whatever I needed getting it within days. So far GD has impressed me. Overall I am very impressed with our 303! Good Luck. I Think they should fire that customer service guy right away. He is not good for GD. If I remember right on one of the many postings one of the 3 owners of GD put his phone # on this forum and said any problems call him directly. I'll have to look back and find it.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMRetired View Post
    Today we picked up our Reflection 29RS from the dealer and they had all our issues fixed. We also received a call from Jerry McCarthy, Vice President of service at Grand Design. He spoke at length with my wife and he apologized greatly for how the customer service rep spoke with me. Jerry assured her that matter would be taken care of as they always strive to have happy customers and they take customer service very seriously. My wife explained to him that my initial call was just to inform them that we were worried about the problems and we just wanted them to be aware. She also described how the conversation went downhill quickly. He gave us his direct number to call if we have anymore issues and assured us that he would see to it that everything was addressed. He asked who said they wouldn’t reimburse for the second ac unit, was it the dealer or Grand Design. She told him the Grand Design service rep. Jerry said “Well that’s the least we could do for your inconvenience.” My wife reinforced that none of this was about getting reimbursed, we were just worried about if we had made a mistake in choosing to purchase from Grand Design, that we just wanted to know that if we had more issues that they would be there for us and willing to help. Jerry said, you pay a lot of money for your RV and it is not unreasonable for you to expect it to be in great shape when you take delivery. He apologized that the unit left the factory without everything being right. Jerry’s customer service skills were top notch and nothing like what I had experienced with my first call. Oh, and for the robots he said they do have automation on the fiberglass or lamination line. We feel a lot better after talking to Jerry and we are looking forward to our first camping trip with our Reflection.
    That is really great news! The management at this company really understands that the customer comes first! Now get out and enjoy that rig!

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's great news GMRetired! Jerry McCarthy is a great guy and an asset to Grand Design.

Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't check the forum every day but was some what surprised by the responses to GMretired's post. We have all had problems of one sort or another with our rigs. I found it pretty rude to even make the statement that his door was properly installed because some of us had been on a factory tour and that could not happen. I saw no reason to accuse him of being less than honest about his experience. Grand Design is a company whose sole aim is to make money. That being said, I have been pleased with the response I have received from their staff and have had most of my problems fixed, however for what we pay for these things a lot of these problems do indicate a quality control system that needs some work. I think that we need to respond, at least until their is evidence to the contrary, to others issues with the products or the company as valid and not immediately defend the Grand Design and assume the consumer is out to defame or beat someone out of
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGMutchler View Post
    I don't check the forum every day but was some what surprised by the responses to GMretired's post.
    Hi Ralph and Sheri,

Those type of responses should be expected, that's just the nature of "the beast" (a forum). All forums have a new member introduction area for a reason. It's so all members know who you are and know you are not a Troll. GMRetired is not a troll and wasn't trolling and we all know now he was sincere in his very first post, even though he went about it the wrong way.

Everyone that responded to him bought into this company in its infancy and have a very large stake in it, as you also do. They, and I, feel like this company is our baby. Yes, our baby has its faults, but don't go talking bad about our baby Because we took a chance and bought into this brand new company, we all want to see it succeed. It's in all our best interest that this company succeeds.

I think all of us are spoiled by the treatment we have received from Grand Design Customer Service, their Management, and their Owners. Because of the treatment we have received and saw first hand at the Rally, it was hard to believe that GMRetired was treated the way he was and that was why he got the responses he got.

If we all were standing face to face or sitting around a camp fire, there wouldn't be a problem with how GMRetired came across, but we're all sitting in front of a keyboard and a screen and like I said, that's just the nature of a forum.

Steve

JEMcAfee
    Wow! Prior to purchasing my 5th wheel Reflection we owned a 2008 Thor Windsport major issues and they took it back to factory. Next we owned a Birkshire Diesel had some initial problem not big issues and finally a 2014 Birkshire with very few minor problems. My experience has been that the motorhome all have issues when you get first get them.

The Grand Design I will have to say has been trouble free, only missing gas line hose for 2 burner stove in outside kitchen. Great QC and construction from my stand point

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi GM retired:

I responded to your wife's PM on Friday, 10/3 with a reply PM. I asked for your phone number so I could call. I Did not receive a response from her. In the meantime, I am aware that you spoke with Jerry McCarthy. I read your post above and I sincerely hope we have shown you that Grand Design is the kind of company that takes care of its customers. In the future, the "tech corner"section of the Forum is the best place to post comments If you want someone from Grand Design responds to your posts. We actively monitor this section to try and help out.

Take care and happy travels,

Bill Fenech

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same sort of experience then I looked up the name of the owners online and guessed at their email address based on email address format of those I did have and guess what, I got an entirely different response. I think like all companies, some of the employees are just worthless, probably what you ran into. I truly believe Grand Design is trying to be better than the pack.

Good luck and keep looking you will find the right person to talk to.

Fajah
    Momentum

ahodgkinson13
    I too have been treated poorly by GD "service dept" in speaking with Dean and some other guy they had the most unprofessional attitudes I've come across. Well after speaking with the GM they changed those attitueds quickly. However GD has lost any chance of me being a repeat customer. I have had slideots motors replaced repeately, shower wasn't draining on 1st trip, doors getting stuck, satelllite and cable connections wired incorrectly, glass bowl for the sink in the restroom shattered for no reason while sitting, water heater leaking, awning loud when moving (neighbors complained it was so loud) hydraluic hose burst, propane line leaking, black tank leaking.... should I continue? All of this in 5 months and about 4000 miles on our 2014 Solitude 370FL. It's too bad that the only way to get a professional response from GD is to go so far "up the chain of command".

Traveling Piper
    There are lots of folks watching these forums. This is my first visit and first post. We just placed an order for a 350 m class and am extremely happy to hear the outcome to your issues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast