User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Traveling Piper and congratulations on your new Momentum! Let us know when it comes in.

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMRetired View Post
    After three years of looking for the perfect 5th wheel the Wife and I purchased the Grand Design Reflection 29RS. It seemed to be the perfect set up for us, not too big, just enough room for me, the wife, and our yellow lab. We were pretty excited as we had been looking for a long time. I’m sad to say that the day we were to take delivery we noticed a few things wrong with the 5th wheel. Our dealer assured us that he would get it fixed. There’s a campground attached to the dealership, so we spent one night in the fifth wheel and by the next morning we had an even longer list of things that were wrong:

• Wood trim along the kitchen table slide was pulled away and cracked
    • Window shade broke the first time we closed it
    • The frame and trim around the main door was not aligned correctly, this allowed you to be able to see daylight coming through the side of the 5th wheel when the main door was open and only the screen door was shut
    • Black water tank leaked
    • The dealer also found that the toilet was leaking and had to be replaced
    • Mini fridge in the outside cubby was very loud and did not cool
    • Outside TV was not hooked up correctly
    • Sink covers missing
    • Gouge on the back of the island requiring repair

So needless to say we haven’t even gotten the 5th Wheel home yet! Our dealer seems to be getting everything fixed for us but I’m real concerned about the quality of Grand Design. I called Grand Design today to tell them about all the issues we have had so far and my concerns about their quality. The customer service guy I talked to didn’t seem to care less. He told me that everything is made on an assembly line with robots and sometimes things just happen. I found this interesting because Grand Design website talks about their Amish craftsmanship not robots. I quickly informed him that I worked on an auto assembly line for 30 years and that yes things can happen but we have quality control to ensure the customer doesn’t end up with a bad vehicle. I asked the rep if they had quality control and he said yes. I told him they weren’t very good. He said “that’s your opinion” I then told him I didn’t think I would ever purchase a Grand Design again and he said “that’s up to you” He didn’t seem to care one way or the other. Have any of you had similar experiences? Or any advice for us? With all these problems already and we haven’t even taken it off the lot yet I’m just worried about how it’s going to hold up when we actually start using it! Today in the mail I received the license plates and I don’t even have anything to put them on. We are pretty disappointed so far because we have waited for this purchase for a long time. The dealer is hoping to get the new mini fridge put in tomorrow and we plan to pick it up on Friday. I sure hope the repairs that we are having done will be all that is wrong with it. We have already missed two camping trips. We asked the rep to pay for the 2nd AC unit that we are having placed in it for some type of compensation for our inconvenience but he refused. I know a lot of the repairs seem little but when you see so many little things at once it adds up and really makes me worried about the quality.
    We have the same problem with our compartment latch. Our 2020 Reflection 29RS DID come with sink covers. Our RV is at the selling dealer now for warranty work,
    including the latch, but the main reason is that the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom is peeling at the bottom. The furnace vents sits just below it when
    the door is opened, and it seems to have ruined the bottom of the door! The bottom edge of the door is flaking, and the front of the door, near the bottom is even worse.

This being said, we really love our 29RS, and find it to be better built than most rvs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234