Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN plate cost?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TN plate cost?

We are going to relocate to TN next year, and I am having a hard time finding out what the license plate cost will be on our 1 ton dually, Jeep, and 303. All I could find mention of is $26.5 for personal vehicles. Any of you TN residents care to enlighten me? Cumberland County btw, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure it’s $35.00

Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    We are going to relocate to TN next year, and I am having a hard time finding out what the license plate cost will be on our 1 ton dually, Jeep, and 303. All I could find mention of is $26.5 for personal vehicles. Any of you TN residents care to enlighten me? Cumberland County btw, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
    That sounds right.....but I live in Blount County and we do not have a wheel tax in Blount. Some counties do, some don't. The RV plates are a little less....somewhere around $20. And there is no issue with licensing the Dually as a passenger vehicle.....that's what I have too...see my signature.

Moving up on the Plateau huh? What town are you moving to? I'm in Maryville (Murvil)....and Crossville is about 70 miles or so away.
    Last edited by xrated; 12-16-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just renewed my Ram 3500, it was $32.64 for Loudon county. The 337 trailer plate was about $22 if I remember correctly. You can always call the county clerk, they're usually real helpful around here.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, we had heard it might be very expensive so these numbers are a pleasant surprise. Here in WI it was $85 for the Jeep and $209 for the truck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post

Thanks.
    The county does make a difference in Tennessee. Non commercial car and truck plates are about $49 in Wilson County. RV plate for our 5th wheel was around $20.

Others will tell you different but if you are not leaving the state with the trailer tags are not required unless the law has recently changed. Boat trailers and utility trailers don't have to be tagged.
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said, car/truck tags are $20-$30. The big kicker for me was my 5er tag. I got a lifetime trailer tag that says semi on it for $100. I'm not sure if you can get it in all counties in TN, but I am in Marion County. When I moved from GA to TN, my 5er tag was going to be like $450 for a GA tag the year I bought the rig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outkatn View Post
    Like others have said, car/truck tags are $20-$30. The big kicker for me was my 5er tag. I got a lifetime trailer tag that says semi on it for $100. I'm not sure if you can get it in all counties in TN, but I am in Marion County. When I moved from GA to TN, my 5er tag was going to be like $450 for a GA tag the year I bought the rig.
    Funny about the 5er tag. The Loudon county clerk originally gave me a Semi tag but then took it back and exchanged it for a regular trailer tag so I guess it does depend on the county and how they interpret the laws.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to get the lifetime tag for my trailer also. The county clerk's office in Blount county told me that it could not be done for RV's. She rattled off what the parameters were for them and said that I would have to get the annual plates.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheaper then Florida, however most county's have a wheel tax which almost doubles the fee. Insurance is cheaper than Florida also/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast