User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning blowing slide out fuse

Got a new 303rls, picked it up on Monday. Went to operate the awnings for the first time and the rear (over the slide out) awning blew the fuse labeled slide out. Replaced it and it happened again immediately. The awning went out almost all the way before blowing the fuse. Now we are stuck with it out, and need to move the trailer tomorrow. Will call the dealer in the morning, but wondering if there is anything we can do or check in the mean time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I didn't get any responses, I will follow up with the trouble shooting we've done so far, and hopefully with the final resolution eventually.

We called the dealer, and they suggested we try to retract the awning backward by continuing using the extend button, as it will normally begin to wind up backward after reaching it's full extension. This did not work, but did not blow the fuse. We again tried to retract and immediately blew the fuse. We checked all wiring for any pinched wires, no problems found. We reversed the switch in case it was a bad switch, and tried to use the extend button. Fuse blew immediately. Decided to retract the awning manually using the supplied strap. Instructions say to hold on tight and expect an immediate and forceful retraction once the hex bolts are removed and the springs retract the awning. Disconnected the wiring, removed the bolts and ...nothing happened. We were able to manually wind the awning up, but the spring never took it in. Suspecting a broken spring at this point, but will see what the dealer finds whenever we are able to get it looked at. At least we were able to retract it and move the camper, as we are getting our driveway widened and the paving company will be coming out in the morning.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the second post. It will be interesting to find out the culprit.

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you find out about the none operating awning. We just encountered an issue where the awning would not extend. It blew a fuse every time we tried to operate the switch. After about half a day of removing wire connections and checking for fault, finally determined one wire was grounded. Removed the stereo to determine where the wires go from inside to outside, finding a skinned wire where they pulled the awning and awning light into the aluminum tubing. Found a 7 inch section of wire skinned. Replaced the wire, put everything back together and awning opens and closes. About 8 hours and $80.00 for materials I have an awning that works.

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a shorted wire (section missing insulation) where the wire enters the side wall into the aluminum tubing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours turned out to be that they had hit a wire with a screw from installing a window valence inside.
    2019 Reflection 303rls Fifth Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat SRW CCSB 6.7L Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
    Pace Edwards Ultragroove Metal retractable tonneau cover