User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297RSTS Dometic Fridge - Does it have a fan?

I just took delivery of my 2020 297RSTS a few weeks ago. We've finally hit the 90s here in Wisconsin. I was in the camper this afternoon and suddenly a loud annoying noise came from the fridge. It was humming around the fridge walls. Stepping outside to see if I could hear anything different, it sounded like rushing air from a fan. Ran for maybe 5 minutes, even when I turned off the fridge. Does the Dometic have a built-in fan that might run based on temperature? I was in the camper for about 90 minutes and only heard it that once (just after completing a dimmer install for the overhead and awning lights). It was definitely in the fridge cabinet, so can't think of anything else it could be.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is a fan on the back of the unit , outside. Having a fridge in the slide this is needed for air movement across the coils. The fan will be located between the upper and lower vent covers.
    They are a little noisy sometimes but needed , some have added more when using in the hotter climates.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have fan (s) on back of fridge. They can be loud. You should be fine. Enjoy your rv
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. My previous Norcold didn't have that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine have fans in the back. Listening to them right now.
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada