Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    You didn’t specify under what conditions the ac was used. We’re you at a park with 30 or 50 amps. Was there an under voltage situation? I had this happen at a RV park where the line voltage was dropping too low and my EMS was tripping to protect the electronics.

For the ac divider issue, do a search for my post about the ac. I have detailed pics on the divider and other issues you can fix yourself easily.
    Is this the thread you're referring to:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...day-and-oh-boy

I haven't gotten a chance to take a look yet, but we're going up this weekend. We're in the same heat wave most of the country is in right now, so if it's working fine on low my wife might want me to wait until it gets cooler to before messing with it.

I should mention, we have to turn off the A/C when my wife uses the hair dryer. We didn't have to do that on the same spot when we had the 2000 Class C. My electrician step son attributes it to the fact that the newer unit is drawing more power on these items. Also, the campground electrical is probably in need of an upgrade. Everything else there needs it, so I don't know why that would be different.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merpmerp View Post
    Is this the thread you're referring to:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...day-and-oh-boy

I haven't gotten a chance to take a look yet, but we're going up this weekend. We're in the same heat wave most of the country is in right now, so if it's working fine on low my wife might want me to wait until it gets cooler to before messing with it.

I should mention, we have to turn off the A/C when my wife uses the hair dryer. We didn't have to do that on the same spot when we had the 2000 Class C. My electrician step son attributes it to the fact that the newer unit is drawing more power on these items. Also, the campground electrical is probably in need of an upgrade. Everything else there needs it, so I don't know why that would be different.
    Yes that’s the thread. Hair dryers use a lot of wattage! If your rig is 30 amp wiring and the ac unit is 15k, the hair dryer might put you over the top.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had problems with ac on our 303 called dometic and they sent me two new thermostats. I installed them problem fixed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12