User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HD Shackle Upgrade

I did the MorRyde HD Shackle /wet bolt upgrade on our Solitude today. Basically I’m reporting what I found. 8500 miles on the RV , and all the bushings on the outer ends of the springs were almost or completely worn thru. The ones on the inner ends were worn , but not nearly as bad. Ones on the Equaflex looked pretty good. They have been lubed before every long trip. I find it odd that they used wet bolts except on the four outer ends. Went ahead and did an X-Factor brace on the center hanger while i was there.
    So obviously I haven’t towed it yet , but when putting it back on the ground and then auto leveling not a single creak or groan.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually glad to see that GD uses decent quality stuff at the factory but still felt very good making the upgrade as well on my trailer. Removing the factory bushings was the most annoying part of the whole job for me. I used one of those outer 4 oem bolts (no grease zerk) with a new bushing around it, and literally hammered that into the spring opening to push out the factory bushing. It took a lot of hammering, with a mini-sledge....
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)