Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fridge

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fridge

Hey, the Dometic fridge in our 303 Reflection will not stay on when towing down the road on lp. We can stop & get it going again only to arrive at our destination & find the display flashing between lp & temp. I talked to Dometic directly & was told that the fridge is not designed to stay on (lp of course) while in motion due to safety reasons. I told him every trailer we've owned has never had a problem with the fridge staying on while towing & I assumed the majority or rv'ers did too. I guess I will look at installing an inverter & plug the fridge into it while towing.......so we don't lose anymore food. Anyone running on dc to ac inverter to keep the fridge on while traveling?
    Thanks for any info.
    JP

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Hey, the Dometic fridge in our 303 Reflection will not stay on when towing down the road on lp. We can stop & get it going again only to arrive at our destination & find the display flashing between lp & temp. I talked to Dometic directly & was told that the fridge is not designed to stay on (lp of course) while in motion due to safety reasons. I told him every trailer we've owned has never had a problem with the fridge staying on while towing & I assumed the majority or rv'ers did too. I guess I will look at installing an inverter & plug the fridge into it while towing.......so we don't lose anymore food. Anyone running on dc to ac inverter to keep the fridge on while traveling?
    Thanks for any info.
    JP
    Howson posted some results - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post235120
    Run Refrigerator While Traveling With Inverter? https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-With-Inverter
    Summary of his install https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post231623
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would call back and ask for a supervisor That makes no sense and I have been doing that for decades. There is nothing in any instructions I have found to back that up. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rubber hose that delivers the propane to your refer could be kinked when you bring the slide in, thus the error message. I would check there first. Dometic diagnosed my refer to be bad, gave me a new on under warranty only to find it was a wiring debacle from the GD factory.
    [/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john&debbie View Post
    The rubber hose that delivers the propane to your refer could be kinked when you bring the slide in, thus the error message. I would check there first. Dometic diagnosed my refer to be bad, gave me a new on under warranty only to find it was a wiring debacle from the GD factory.
    I checked the hose in the past, it moves with the slide & is fine.....even has a shut off lever on it which is open as should be.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Thanks for any info.
    JP
    That’s BS. As far as the inverter goes it will be expensive to keep it on for any length of time. There is a fixable problem with your fridge. It can be solved. This forum is good for this kind of problem, just give it a little time and people will chime in. In the mean time will the fridge run on propane, stopped with the slide in for a long time i.e. 20-30 min.?
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    That’s BS. As far as the inverter goes it will be expensive to keep it on for any length of time. There is a fixable problem with your fridge. It can be solved. This forum is good for this kind of problem, just give it a little time and people will chime in. In the mean time will the fridge run on propane, stopped with the slide in for a long time i.e. 20-30 min.?
    Yes it runs on lp when parked.