Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seal Rocks RV Cove in Seal Rocks Oregon - Site 22

Howdy

Today I called to verify my reservation at this RV resort. The lady I spoke with said that I should make sure to bring leveling blocks for the wheels because of the slope. This comment doesn't make sense to me unless the side to side levels are way off and I am ok with that as that is easy to address.

However, I believe the front to back leveling seemed to be what she was concerned about.

Attached is a picture of the site which clearly shows that it slants downwards. I have lots of the yellow leveling blocks that I typically use when camping on gravel and leveling from side to sidel. Am I correct to think that all I really need to worry about is to have enough levelers to ensure that I can extend to front jacks enough to raise the front to level the unit?

I think she got me worrying about something that I really don't need to worry about. However, I figured I'd ask the experts

Thanks
    Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 1.54.58 PM.jpg  
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front or back out of stroke occurs when the front or rear leveling jacks are extended as far as they will go and the unit cannot level. We have experienced at two sites where I had over 12" of blocks (bridging on the front jacks in order to be level. We currently carry six (6) 4x6 blocks plus two sets of the camco blocks which are 12"in total per set

By the looks of that site, I would estimate the rise over run of about 12" or more. Never a bad thing to have too many blocks. I would take heed of the advice she provided.

I am not expert however, I did have to find a field expedient solution the first time this happened to me and I did not have adequate bridging. I would much rather have wooden blocks in the truck bed unused than to need them and not have them. We have also been able to help out others when they repeated our first time issue.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 06-30-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Front or back out of stroke occurs when the front or rear leveling jacks are extended as far as they will go and the unit cannot level. We have experienced at two sites where I had over 12" of blocks (bridging on the front jacks in order to be level. We currently carry six (6) 4x6 blocks plus two sets of the camco blocks which are 12"in total per set

By the looks of that site, I would estimate the rise over run of about 12" or more. Never a bad thing to have too many blocks. I would take heed of the advice she provided.

I am not expert however, I did have to find a field expedient solution the first time this happened to me and I did not have adequate bridging. I would much rather have wooden blocks in the truck bed unused than to need them and not have them. We have also been able to help out others when they repeated our first time issue.

Thanks Geoff!

I will get some 4 * 6 Blocks to complement my Camco Blocks
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had site 20 with same level issue
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don and Brenda View Post
    We had site 20 with same level issue
    Hi Don and Brenda,

Thanks for the response. I have a few questions for you

- Out of curiosity, how many inches of blocks did you have to add?

- Were the sites fairly level side to side

- Did you like Glamping over there?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side to side was fairly level front to rear I added 5” to the rear pads then had to reconnect the truck and run the front pads up about 4-5” to auto level as it was out of stroke. We stayed only 1 night as an inbetween stop, pricy for sure but we backed up to a water view. Hwy 101 was pretty quiet from 11 to about 7am
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always carry these blocks made of 2x4s. Can be used under the landing gear or rear stabilizers or to jack the trailer by the frame.

Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    We always carry these blocks made of 2x4s. Can be used under the landing gear or rear stabilizers or to jack the trailer by the frame.

Okay buddy, I gotta ask .... Woo Hop? What's that all about and did you photoshop the graphics out or did you remove them?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post

J&G, do you carry two of these or four? I should upgrade the junk scraps that I am using now.
    Thanks
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Okay buddy, I gotta ask .... Woo Hop? What's that all about and did you photoshop the graphics out or did you remove them?
    Looks better than the original graphics don't you think? Actually an inside joke and battle cry of the "RV Club" GD Rebels (which is a story unto itself). Try typing Woo Hoo into your smart phone and see what you get.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast