User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solem8080 View Post
    I have to say Txfivver, I got a hearty laugh out of that!!! I’m pretty sure you should get a royalty check for HALT’s (Highly Accelerated Life Test) testing. Good work!
    Hahaha thanks! Amazingly it still works fine and doesn't leak! I'll probably replace it this year before camping season starts just to prevent a mess lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Valterra Dominator hose lasted 10 years with my sob TT. First trip out with the Reflection it leaked in several places. Now have a new one as I feel 10 years was acceptable. YMMV.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have had to replace my sewer hoses about every 2 years. I like the Rhino Flex system for 2 reasons, first I can get replacement parts about anywhere, second I love the crinkle noise it make when I fold it back up or extend it. Ok, I am easily amused, I had a good time with my grandson when he got a slinky for Christmas.

Pin holes happen, mostly when I step on the hose. Connector seals get yucky and leak, I carry spares. On my old 5th wheel I made a hitch pin latch to keep the hose ends from coming off, on my Momentum the tube has swinging door with a latch on it, but it also has a padlock hole to lock the hose if desired, I have a cheap carabiner I put through the hole as a redundant lock.

When it comes to black water spill there are only two categories of people, those that have had a spill, and those that will have a spill. Events occur. A cup of bleach in a gallon of water makes an effective disinfective/cleaner. Spray it around if you can, slosh it over if you can't spray, then rinse.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    My Valterra Dominator hose lasted 10 years with my sob TT. First trip out with the Reflection it leaked in several places. Now have a new one as I feel 10 years was acceptable. YMMV.
    So, your Reflection made the sewer hose leak?

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I think I have had to replace my sewer hoses about every 2 years. I like the Rhino Flex system for 2 reasons, first I can get replacement parts about anywhere, second I love the crinkle noise it make when I fold it back up or extend it. Ok, I am easily amused, I had a good time with my grandson when he got a slinky for Christmas.

Pin holes happen, mostly when I step on the hose. Connector seals get yucky and leak, I carry spares. On my old 5th wheel I made a hitch pin latch to keep the hose ends from coming off, on my Momentum the tube has swinging door with a latch on it, but it also has a padlock hole to lock the hose if desired, I have a cheap carabiner I put through the hole as a redundant lock.

When it comes to black water spill there are only two categories of people, those that have had a spill, and those that will have a spill. Events occur. A cup of bleach in a gallon of water makes an effective disinfective/cleaner. Spray it around if you can, slosh it over if you can't spray, then rinse.
    Dallas
    Where do you get the Rhino Flex connector seals?
    When you mentioned that a light went off. I just remember that I too need one and should have some spares.

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Dallas
    Where do you get the Rhino Flex connector seals?
    Thanks, KEN
    I guess it's like a lot of stuff I have in the RV, didn't need it right now but figure I will soon enough, so when I see them I buy some. RV dealerships usually have a parts department, and they usually have seals. Amazon of course. Don't remember where I picked up the last set but I know they are in the little tool box marked "Odd Parts".
    Dallas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    It's amazing how long some of these sewer hoses will last if you don't do something stupid like leave it in the bumper when you weld on it!
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    if you don't do something stupid like ...
    Leave it on the ground full of water when a blue norther comes rolling through... 44f to 7f in about 8 hours, didn't see that one coming.
    Dallas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post

Wasn't my fault, but staying in a KOA once that was almost empty. We were on the high side of the park. Park sewer clogged up. Went to the office to let them know. The maintenance guy came down to look at it and first thing he did was try to unhook my hose from the park drain. I yelled at him that he was going to leak "black" all over. He did let a little out before quickly reinstalling. Turns out they were aware, but a woman in a trailer a few days earlier had a habit of putting things other than toilet paper through her black tank. Since park had low census and we were on the high side, it took a couple of days for it to back up. Fortunately, we found the issue while we were camping and not on the morning we were trying to close up and leave.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West bound on I-40 today just out of Knoxville when a car passed me and was waving and pointing at the back of my camper. Looked closely in my mirror and saw my stinky slinky dragging along behind me. Made my way to the shoulder and pulled it out and put it in the bed of the truck and back on the road.
    Any recommendations on a replacement for the rubber bumper cap?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast