Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water overflow

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water overflow

We took our newly purchased used 2016 GDR 303 out for overnight camping to learn and test. When hooked up to city water and valves turned as defined by pic on door we have a constant flow of water coming out the over flow hose behind axle. Tried different settings with same results. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify the set up. Are all the valves set for "CITY WATER"? Note that this is different than the "POWERFILL" setting. POWERFILL is used to fill your fresh water tank and will result in an overflow; it is normal with this setting. There should NOT be water leaking when set to CITY WATER.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Just to clarify the set up. Are all the valves set for "CITY WATER"? Note that this is different than the "POWERFILL" setting. POWERFILL is used to fill your fresh water tank and will result in an overflow; it is normal with this setting. There should NOT be water leaking when set to CITY WATER.
    Thanks for reply Keebler Yes I believe Ihave them at correct settings (see Pic) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valves.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	21082

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're the victim of the ever famous KantLeak will leak syndrome. The valve has o rings that seem to get lost or missing. The valve needs to be replaced . It's a fairly easy job.
    When you change valve positions be sure to release the pressure in the system. They say it doesn't matter but it seems to.
    Contact Anderson Brass
    1-800-476-9876 ,
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached thread (see post #1 from Rob) with pdf on how to replace ("valve" referenced by Marcy in her post #4 ) the cartridge. Many of us have done this......easy to do.

If you conduct a search on cartridge you will see other threads/post on this.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lacement/page2

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer has called all possible distributors for replacement valve but it appears Anderson has stopped manufacture and no replacements are to be found. Anderson is currently in manufacture process of new design which hopefully is available next week. Thanks for all input.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give up just yet. Call GD customer service, they may have a leftover valve or complete panel hanging around . Can't hurt to ask.
    GDCustomer Service 574-825-9679
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called GD yesterday they are also out of stock.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having issues with my (Tank fill)/(City water) valve as well on our brand new Transcend 26RLS. I had it set to city water and I noticed water coming out of the fresh water tank drain. So I turned off the water and released the residual pressure by turning on a faucet. Then I moved the valve back and fourth between tank fill and city water a few times. Then I put it back to "City water" and turned on the water again. Thankfully the water stopped coming out of the fresh water drain. I assume that an O-ring was out of adjustment and by moving it around without any pressure on it that I was able to re-seat it. You may have a similar issue. Always release the pressure in the system before turning that valve.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millelon View Post
    We took our newly purchased used 2016 GDR 303 out for overnight camping to learn and test. When hooked up to city water and valves turned as defined by pic on door we have a constant flow of water coming out the over flow hose behind axle. Tried different settings with same results. Any suggestions?
    Millelon,

I had the same exact problem about 4 weeks back and did some searching on-line. Apparently, this is a common problem and not just with Grand Design. I followed the instructions by one of the posters, who was an RV tech, and it worked for me. Going on a month now and the problem has NOT resurfaced.

Apparently, the valve can stick. I turned the lever to "Fresh Water Fill" and put some water in the fresh water tank. I then turned off the water to the RV to be sure, turned on the pump, ran some faucets for 2-4 minutes. I then turned off the pump, drained the fresh water tank, and then returned the lever to city water. I then turned on the water and the problem ceased. Again, about a month now, with 3 different trips and the problem has not repeated.

Apparently, the valve can get stuck and running the pump causes it to free up.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL