User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC’s will not keep Solitude 373 FB cool

So we purchased a brand new 2020 373a few weeks ago in Texas. One of the selling points was the “race track AC system”. Our unit will not keep below 81 on a 100degree day. I have owned numerous diesel pusher motor homes and I questioned the sales guy about only having two AC’s since all my coaches had at least three units with the same or less length. I can’t be the only one having this issue. The AC are functioning as they should after paying a tech. I really feel it is a volume thing and a hot roof in “race track AC system”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’ve always heard you can expect a “max” temperature difference of 20 degrees (outside to inside) from any RV air conditioning unit.
    This is one reason we left Texas and why we don’t camp in places that hit 95+ degrees.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanR71 View Post
    ...The AC are functioning as they should after paying a tech.
    It sounds like your tech found an issue and fixed it and your A/C's are working properly now. Is that correct?

The hottest we've been in our 2019 373FB-R is upper 90's. We've had those temps on multiple occasions and the A/C's have no trouble at all keeping it cool inside.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe overall it’s just a quality issue between the fifth wheel units and the diesel pusher is that I’m used to we just thought we would try this brand and I honestly think the race track air-conditioning is defeating the purpose because it’s waste airflow running it through a hot ceiling

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe overall it’s just a quality issue between the fifth wheel units and the diesel pusher is that I’m used to we just thought we would try this brand and I honestly think the race track air-conditioning is defeating the purpose because it’s waste airflow running it through a hot ceiling

You should be able to use the “dump” feature on each ac if you don’t want to use the racetrack design.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most people called it "Ducted AC".
    That's the first time I've heard refer to it as "racetrack AC".

Pretty much every Rv we've looked at over the past couple years has had it, so I figured it was an industry standard.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    You should be able to use the “dump” feature on each ac if you don’t want to use the racetrack design.
    Ours has the the vents you can open on the unit which sends most of the air straight out the unit.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably correct reference the ductwork being right next to the hottest surface when the Texas sun is beating down. If you are comparing a high quality Diesel Pusher to this fifth wheel, I believe that you may experience other disappointments.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Most people called it "Ducted AC".
    That's the first time I've heard refer to it as "racetrack AC".

Pretty much every Rv we've looked at over the past couple years has had it, so I figured it was an industry standard.
    Ed - GDRV marketing materials/web site/etc. use (and have for a few years) the terms "racetrack ducting." See attached link to GDRV website, picture 6.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro.../373fb-373fb-r

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    We were told to always use the dump feature to initially send the cold air straight down out of the A/C until the rig had cooled down. Then use the race track to circulate the air.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast