User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with “turnkey sale” experience?

Rather than trade our truck in and trade our trailer in, does anyone have any experience selling their rig as a “turn key sale”? I don’t know how it would work or what considerations to think about. We love our setup and reading what people are interested in, seems like our setup might suit someone perfectly. Anybody sell their rig this way? We are on an extended trip so it’d all have to work out with us buying another rig & tv close enough to “move out/move in”.....

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to your dealer!

I traded a 5th wheel WITH TRUCK for a Class A bus a few years ago.

The dealer who wanted to sell me a unit took them both in trade.

He sold the truck to a private buyer, immediately, and treated the trailer as a standard trade-in.

I may have been lucky, but there is a good chance your dealer knows someone who is looking for a used truck optimized for towing.

Make it a condition of the sale and he will FIND somebody who needs a truck!

Good luck!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything is possible. Biggest factor will be price, used truck prices were through the roof when I looked. I picked up a brand new truck off the dealer lot for close to what people were asking for 2 year old vehicles. Not sure what is going on in our area but when I saw that I wasn't interested in buying a used truck at a premium.

I don't doubt there are plenty of people that would like a combo deal. I'd advertise separate pricing as to not scare any potential buyer away if you do it yourself.

If you go through a dealer just keep in mind that they are going to charge you one way or another to trade. We've done it in the past and it was an OK deal but we usually sell private party and haven't had much trouble with our transactions. Every RV we've sold has been sold inside of 45 days listing on Rvtrader and craigslist.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN