User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a year we still find sawdust on our island when we arrive at campsites.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 4 years we still have saw dust. I thought it was a feature.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a pile of sawdust in the light over the dinette. Letting the dealer deal with it Wednesday when I return it for some warranty work following purchase.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait till you look behind the fire place. If you can’t see it they don’t clean it.
    Last edited by tubastew; 07-20-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sawdust in our light fixtures has subsided this third year. We think it is careless practise and is a direct and somewhat constant message to their customers about what they think about their craft. The first year the dealer cleaned up under warranty, but after that it is on us. Kinda wonder how much more expensive it would have been if they did the right thing and cleaned up after themselves.
    Last edited by khrosemont; 07-20-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup sawdust and loose screws, thought I was the only one lol
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable... Our 2016 front living Solitude... I removed the panel in the pass-through basement to look everything over. I grabbed the shop vac with a long hose and crevice tool. It took a half hour to get what I could reach...sawdust, splinters, divots from drilling holes in aluminum, screws, wire strippings, plumbing cut-offs, pieces of insulation and whatever else they use during construction.

We pulled the belly down to do some "modifications" and found all of the same stuff falling in our faces. Everyone is right. We are always finding "shrapnel" everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed a Victron 712 battery monitor in our 303 next to the command center. Removed the command center to fish the cable for the indicator from the basement, and found large scraps of trim and plywood, along with plenty of sawdust in the cavity behind the command center. I was surprised to find things pretty clean in the basement behind the panels. Still find sawdust on the floor after each trip. First few trips we regularly found screws on the floor as well. Think they must have come out of the slides.
    Jim & Angela
    2018 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7L
    Andersen Ultimate
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Ang View Post
    Just installed a Victron 712 battery monitor in our 303 next to the command center. Removed the command center to fish the cable for the indicator from the basement, and found large scraps of trim and plywood, along with plenty of sawdust in the cavity behind the command center. I was surprised to find things pretty clean in the basement behind the panels. Still find sawdust on the floor after each trip. First few trips we regularly found screws on the floor as well. Think they must have come out of the slides.
    We kept finding small screws in the "living room" of our rig for quite a while when new. Couldn't figure out where they came from, so just tossed them in a box. Finally discovered they were the screws holding down the theater seats when there was only one left in there and the whole thing skewed into the middle of the floor. I'm just glad none of them found their way under the slides (particularly the one with the overhanging carpet). Could have really chewed up the floor.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going on 3 years and full timing for 4 months now. We move every two weeks, and still have half our Buffett covered with dust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast