User Tag List

Thread: Trace Branch KY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trace Branch KY

So a few days ago we camped at an Army Corp of Engineers location called Trace Branch in Kentucky. The signage to get there was terrible and we had to call the camp host to come guide us in. The roads are very narrow and winding with some in serious disrepair. The campground itself is in a nice location next to a river in a valley. The bathrooms were not very well maintained. The power went out around 4pm and did not come back until 3am. The camp host also killed a Copperhead snake in the mens bathroom with a rock. Without the host leading us out I am not sure we would have figured out how to get to a main road, even google was confused. Just an FYI about this location. I will say the camp host was very nice and helpful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given your review, consider this location off my bucket list.
    Was there a charge for using the site? How were the actual sites, gravel, paved etc...?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a charge and if I remember right it was 20 bucks ot so. Army Corp of Engineers sites are pretty affordable. The site was paved and right along the river. Nice site just terrible location.