User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Reflection Solar connection.

Just took delivery of new 303 and I see a box on the top labeled Jaboni which seems to be associated with a Chinese solar company. There is a coil of #10 wire in the front compartment. Has anyone opened up this box? Nothing seems obvious to me on how to use it. The internet doesn’t seem to have much. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21689B31-7229-4DC3-A62D-B3EF7D0AD47F.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	996.6 KB 
ID:	21171
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe remove the Dicor and unscrew the box from the roof. 10 AWG is too small if the solar panels are wired in parallel.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Maybe remove the Dicor and unscrew the box from the roof. 10 AWG is too small if the solar panels are wired in parallel.

10AWG will carry 30A. That is a fair amount of power. If you run 100w panels, as an example, you can run 4 in parallel without any concern. They typically are around 6A and have an ISC of 7 to 8 amps. Just run a 30A breaker on the setup without problem. Better though would be to wire them in parallel/series. You double the voltage and halve the amperage to carry the same watts to the battery through the charge controller. Most MPPT controllers like the higher voltage and you will have less line power loss.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    10AWG will carry 30A. That is a fair amount of power. If you run 100w panels, as an example, you can run 4 in parallel without any concern. They typically are around 6A and have an ISC of 7 to 8 amps. Just run a 30A breaker on the setup without problem. Better though would be to wire them in parallel/series. You double the voltage and halve the amperage to carry the same watts to the battery through the charge controller. Most MPPT controllers like the higher voltage and you will have less line power loss.

Jim
    10 AWG is too small for a 300 watt solar system. I get 20 amps from my 3 100 watt panels and for a 40 foot run that requires 6 AWG wire. For 30 amps at 40 ft you would need 4 AWG wire.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The length of your run is certainly in play. My point was, see what the 10awg will do for you before ripping it out. As soon as you go with panels in series and up the voltage instead of amperage, your losses go down. I wouldn't run all the panels in series, but certainly it isn't a problem with the panels on the same side of the rig so shading doesn't enter.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    Just took delivery of new 303 and I see a box on the top labeled Jaboni which seems to be associated with a Chinese solar company. There is a coil of #10 wire in the front compartment. Has anyone opened up this box? Nothing seems obvious to me on how to use it. The internet doesn’t seem to have much. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21689B31-7229-4DC3-A62D-B3EF7D0AD47F.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	996.6 KB 
ID:	21171
    I have the same box on my 320G, have you figured out anything more about It?
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see the break line running across that box. If you lift up on the back side it comes off and revels two MC4 solar connectors. I verified the 10 gauge wire in the front compartment is connected to those connectors. It basically plug and play with just about any solar panel. I’m installing mine next week. I mounted the charge controller in the front compartment.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn, wish GD had done this on the 2018’s
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    You see the break line running across that box. If you lift up on the back side it comes off and revels two MC4 solar connectors. I verified the 10 gauge wire in the front compartment is connected to those connectors. It basically plug and play with just about any solar panel. I’m installing mine next week. I mounted the charge controller in the front compartment.
    Thank you, I saw the 10 gauge wire up near my battery and was wondering where it went.

I did mount (2) 170 panels on the front of the fifth wheel and ran 6 gauge wire up through the satellite wire roof chase. However, I’ll be getting a few more panels and run them in series for the back with its own charge controller tied into this box. I might add another 170 watts to the front one as well.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have designed my solar install on my 230RL and this box is on my roof. Before I did into this box, which I will be doing, does anyone know if there are water tight wire access through this box for the wires supplied? Or will one need a port sort of like this one from Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0111RNZDY...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast