Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning rubbing top of slide out

When fully extended, the awning on our 312BH rubs the top of the fascia trim at the right (forward) corner of the LR slide. If I retract it about 6”, it clears it easily, but then awning roller accessory channel is not accessible and can’t use our awning screen. Mentioned to dealer and service manager spoke with a factory rep. Rep said that’s just how they are and there is no adjustment for the awning.

Anyone else experience this?

Concerned about a rub hole developing. I suppose I could put a pool noodle or foam pipe insulation on the top edge/corner of the slide but that would have to be every time we extend the slide. What a pain.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    When fully extended, the awning on our 312BH rubs the top of the fascia trim at the right (forward) corner of the LR slide. If I retract it about 6”, it clears it easily, but then awning roller accessory channel is not accessible and can’t use our awning screen. Mentioned to dealer and service manager spoke with a factory rep. Rep said that’s just how they are and there is no adjustment for the awning.

Anyone else experience this?

Concerned about a rub hole developing. I suppose I could put a pool noodle or foam pipe insulation on the top edge/corner of the slide but that would have to be every time we extend the slide. What a pain.
    We have the exact same thing on our 297RSTS. I back the awning from full extension about a 1/4 to 1/2 a drum rotation and then I have a couple of inches of clearance.

I agree it is a pain. Not well thought out if you ask me. Should have done 2 shorter awnings on your model and mine so this would not be an issue.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The awnings are adjustable. Are you not able to adjust the arms out one more hole so that the pitch is less of an angle?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    The awnings are adjustable. Are you not able to adjust the arms out one more hole so that the pitch is less of an angle?
    Different awning on Reflection. Solitude and Momentum use Carefree of Colorado.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this issue on a previous TT. We were happy to see that 315 didn't have the single awning covering the side. Never did wear a hole but did seem to stretch fabric some where it rested.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, as huntr70 indicated, no adjustments. I examined it last time we were out. I even considered redrilling for the attachment of the support arm but then I don’t think it would retract and sit in the cradle properly. Was hoping I missed something, but apparently not. Design of arms prevents use of deflappers.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Different awning on Reflection. Solitude and Momentum use Carefree of Colorado.
    Youtube has videos on how to adjust the different types of awnings.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    We have the exact same thing on our 297RSTS. I back the awning from full extension about a 1/4 to 1/2 a drum rotation and then I have a couple of inches of clearance.

I agree it is a pain. Not well thought out if you ask me. Should have done 2 shorter awnings on your model and mine so this would not be an issue.

Rob
    Can you still access the accessory channel? We have the EZ Zip screen of which the top portion remains permanently attached to the roller tube, but with a 1/4 to 1/2 rotation, it seems like it will change the stress point of the screen attachment, especially when staked. Maybe an extra set of awning straps will help. IDK. Frustrating.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-06-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youtube has videos on how to adjust the different types of awnings.
    Ok, I’ll check it out. Thanks! Since factory rep said no adjustment, I took that as the final word. Not sure of the awning model since trailer at dealer for warranty work.

Just looked up part, no brand given. Funny, the image for the awning shows it touching the top of the slide.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The adjustment would be to tip the awning down, from the original position.

There should be turn knobs on the arms that have the hydraulic struts attached to them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast