User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john&debbie View Post
    Have not had any trim fall off, but where does all that saw dust come from?
    It's a Grand Design mandatory option.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in as another person finding that many pieces of trim and panels need re-attaching due to poor fasteners. I'm not sure if the fasteners themselves (air driven brads with small/nonexistent heads) or if the air guns are set wrong. Anyway - I now carry brads I can nail on when necessary and have noted the locations for when I get home in the fall so I can re-address the (many) weak points).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had 7 pieces of trim on the hit list for our last warranty service request. Ceiling, by stairs, over the slides, doesn't matter where, it doesn't stay on! haha
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours will never come off again after my husband took care of the problem. But they shouldn't be falling in the first place!! Grand Design people, are you listening???

Patti and Mike (and Bella and Ari too)
    2020 Solitude 310gk
    2017 Ford F-250 Supercrew 6.7 diesel 2x2
    Anderson Hitch gooseneck set up

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most trim in our trailer stays put, but I swear every single piece was cut 1/8-1/16” too short. For those with the back end bathroom, I removed the piece of metal L trim off the back wall floor (again, cut short for the space). I was always cutting my fingers or catching the mop on the sharp screws and edges. Bought vinyl cove at Lowe’s, cut to FIT, installed with adhesive caulk. Boom, done. Looks much nicer, too.

While the trim’s not falling, our smoke detector IS. The pan-head screws are affixed to the pressed board ceiling, but the dinette slide just bumps it, throws it on top and pins it there. Of course, it starts screaming! We’ve asked two different dealers to fix it (and the resulting holes in the wallpaper), but they claim it’s mounted “to specifications” and cannot move it.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a cheap air driven brad nailer, have an air compressor for the tires that powers the nailer. I also add Loctite adhesive: https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-20298...s%2C130&sr=8-4
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trim falling off is a regular occurrence on our ‘15 and has been since new. I carry a tube of wood glue and painters tape. Glue the trim and hold it in place with the painters tape until dry. That method has worked very well and permanently these past 4 years
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have same problem with the trim on our 380FL April 1st Delivery now close to 4000 miles on it we have sawdust
    and one large piece of trim around front window which has come loose. No other trim yet that I can see loose or has fallen off.
    Last edited by keith22; 07-21-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Dust

2019 380FL 4000 miles since April 1st We have had saw dust coming out of air vents since we took delivery
    of her and still have some come out here and there once in a while. Seems to be getting better after every trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12