User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    My Turning Point is easier to turn in one direction vs the other, I wonder if I have an issue?
    It’s been like that since we picked it up brand new in April, I need to call GD anyway so I’ll see what they have to say.
    Regardless I’m not willing to give up the turning point feature, it was one of the reasons I chose the 150 series.
    That's funny because we both have the same truck, same bed length too and I don't even use my turning point or the slider on my B&W hitch.
    I think you'd be surprised by the fact that you would get along just fine without it.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Turning Point is easier to turn in one direction vs the other, I wonder if I have an issue? It’s been like that since we picked it up brand new in April, I need to call GD anyway so I’ll see what they have to say. Regardless I’m not willing to give up the turning point feature, it was one of the reasons I chose the 150 series.
    If you are talking about manually moving to right or left, and one direction has more resistance, that is why I am doing the maintenance on the hitch which Lippert recommends one a year. I called Lippert directly and they were very helpful
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have a Superduty 4x4 so my turning radius sucks whether I’m towing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not talking about the truck's turning radius, I'm talking about the trailer while backing, the option to have up to 90 degrees is great if needed, not that I like taking it that far, but it's nice to have
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    That's funny because we both have the same truck, same bed length too and I don't even use my turning point or the slider on my B&W hitch.
    I think you'd be surprised by the fact that you would get along just fine without it.
    I have a tight almost 90 degree turn to get into my driveway & don’t want to forget at the end of a long weekend so the Turning Point makes it a no brainer parking the camper on the side of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    If you are talking about manually moving to right or left, and one direction has more resistance, that is why I am doing the maintenance on the hitch which Lippert recommends one a year. I called Lippert directly and they were very helpful
    Mark
    That’s exactly my issue, been like that since day 1. I may bring the trailer in for some other warranty repairs & will ask them to take care of it when I do.

On another note I’ve noticed some play in the Lippert wedge with my B&W, E-trailer offers a wedge from 5th Airborne designed to work with the Reese Sidewinder & B&W hitches, is it safe to assume that the wedge will work with the Lippert Turning Point?
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a tight almost 90 degree turn to get into my driveway & don’t want to forget at the end of a long weekend so the Turning Point makes it a no brainer parking the camper on the side of the house.

That’s exactly my issue, been like that since day 1. I may bring the trailer in for some other warranty repairs & will ask them to take care of it when I do.

On another note I’ve noticed some play in the Lippert wedge with my B&W, E-trailer offers a wedge from 5th Airborne designed to work with the Reese Sidewinder & B&W hitches, is it safe to assume that the wedge will work with the Lippert Turning Point?
    I use the Curt Wedge with the Curt A16 hitch, and it fits with very little play, so I don't get much movement while towing. I would think if the wedge is recommended for the Reese or B&W, it should just bolt on to the Turning Point Hitch. The key you want to achieve is that the wedge fits with less play. You will need to torque the wedge bolts to 200 ft lbs.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is wondering I did purchase & install the 5th Airborne wedge designed for Reese Sidewinder & B&W hitches, it fits the Turning Point perfectly & eliminated the slop I felt in turns, two thumbs up from me.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12