User Tag List

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit posts question

When did we lose the "edit" option on older posts? It was helpful when a subject was cleared up or fixed.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    When did we lose the "edit" option on older posts? It was helpful when a subject was cleared up or fixed.
    It was sometime around March.
    I had noticed it and then DMB did too.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    It was sometime around March.
    I had noticed it and then DMB did too.
    So I guess around the time that the forum was changing owners/policies.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much how the internet works.
    It’s not for the meek.
    You put it out there, you live with it.
    Think before you speak.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    The edit period is 24 hours after a post is made.

There are several reasons for this limitation:

• Sometimes folks go back and update a post with a resolution or additional comment BUT once someone has read a thread they never go back and reread a post looking for an update - they expect a new post for that purpose. Edited / Updated posts get overlooked.
    • Sometimes members go back and remove all the content from a post after others have responded and it ruins thread continuity
    • Spam prevention. Every now and then someones account or computer may be hacked and it would be possible then to remove or deface old posts if the account were logged into. Over the years I have seen both of these things happen; either a spammer injects links and spammy content into old posts or a torqued wife or playful grandkid finds a logged in account and edits many old posts "for fun".
    • If you delete the first post of a thread then entire thread is deleted and it just doesn't seem reasonable that one poster should be able to control anothers posts display.

The 24 hour period is long enough to fix typos and add extra thoughts to a post but short enough to prevent unwanted mischief. If the edit window has closed and you need an update just contact a moderator and they can help you out.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
    The edit period is 24 hours after a post is made.

There are several reasons for this limitation:

• Sometimes folks go back and update a post with a resolution or additional comment BUT once someone has read a thread they never go back and reread a post looking for an update - they expect a new post for that purpose. Edited / Updated posts get overlooked.
    • Sometimes members go back and remove all the content from a post after others have responded and it ruins thread continuity
    • Spam prevention. Every now and then someones account or computer may be hacked and it would be possible then to remove or deface old posts if the account were logged into. Over the years I have seen both of these things happen; either a spammer injects links and spammy content into old posts or a torqued wife or playful grandkid finds a logged in account and edits many old posts "for fun".
    • If you delete the first post of a thread then entire thread is deleted and it just doesn't seem reasonable that one poster should be able to control anothers posts display.

The 24 hour period is long enough to fix typos and add extra thoughts to a post but short enough to prevent unwanted mischief. If the edit window has closed and you need an update just contact a moderator and they can help you out.
    I should know this, but how do I contact a moderator? I wanted to update the links in this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ere-with-Voice because the old links no longer work. Reason being I have seen this thread referenced on the facebook pages for owners trying to get their system up and running and they will need updated information.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I should know this, but how do I contact a moderator? I wanted to update the links in this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ere-with-Voice because the old links no longer work. Reason being I have seen this thread referenced on the facebook pages for owners trying to get their system up and running and they will need updated information.

John
    John - Forum tab to Quick Links tab then down to View Site Leaders at the bottom. If these 3 folks cannot take care of this for you, Janet and Andy are at the top.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showgroups.php

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post

John
    There are several ways:

Easiest: hit the report post icon on the post that needs to be edited and include the needed changes in the "reason for the report" box.

Or: Send a Pm to one of the moderators: You can find the full list from the view leaders link at the bottom of the front page but here's a direct link: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showgroups.php Include info about the post to be updated.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss