User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is more than my 2019 3/4 ton gas by 400 pounds and only 200 pounds less than my 2015 F350 1-ton diesel. My neighbor has 3/4 diesel f250 and it only has 2028 payload. My neighbor's king XLT only has only 1728 payload. That's one rare F150 unless you got the spec off the website and not off your yellow tag on your door jam.

Quote Originally Posted by bmungle View Post
    My wife and I tow a 295 RL with a 2015 f150 king ranch with the 3.5 ecoboost Rated @3200 payload and 10k 5th wheel capacity.
    Our trailer is right at max weight as we are full timers .
    I have towed this setup from south florida to northern ca, through snow, high winds and over mountains.
    The only time I ever felt like it was too much was going through Kansas with a 30 mph crosswind, which would feel bad in any tow vehicle.
    All of the 1/2 ton haters can say what they like, but my setup is within limits and tows great.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CWSWine; 07-19-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    That is more than my 2019 3/4 ton gas by 400 pounds and only 200 pounds less than my 2015 F350 1-ton diesel. My neighbor has 3/4 diesel f250 and it only has 2028 payload. My neighbor's king XLT only has only 1728 payload. That's one rare F150 unless you got the spec off the website and not off your yellow tag on your door jam.
    I've actually, strangely, been thinking about this post a bit. I'd like to see a picture of the sticker.
    2019 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L
    2017 Polaris RZR 1000XP
    Next - Momentum? ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I have the stopping power and payload with my 1 ton on these steep grades. Came across this video on why you might need a bigger truck.

Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richierich56 View Post
    Just wondering an interested to hear from others that are towing a Reflection 29rs or 295rl 5th wheel camper with a 1/2 ton truck? and how well it is working out for you? We have a 2018 Silverado Max Tow Package and will be adding a 2017 Reflection 29rs. Any helpful info and suggestions would be great. There must be a few out there with all the Reflection 5th Wheels we see on the road. Thanks...R
    I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this part. What’s your truck configured with? 4x4, Diesel, short bed, crewcab? All these affect he payload. And agree, it’s not the towing capacity that gets you. It’s Gross vehicle weight and pin weight that will. Diesel engine alone is much heavier and even on a 3/4 ton, the payload is less than a gasser. I find it very frustrating that RV companies and car companies advertise the tow capacity as if it’s all you have to worry about.

I started with a Cougar XLite that was about same weight as 29RS. Looked at buying Ford F 150 because I read that was the best 1/2 ton to get if you were going to tow a 5er. We tried to order one, but we couldn’t get some upgrades and still get the towing numbers we were looking for. So we opted for Silverado 2500. Now we upgraded to GD 337RLS. The 2500 brochure and info sheets say payload is over 3300 lbs, but sticker says 2950. We have gas, 2wd, double cab shortbed. None of it made any sense, so I’ve weighed it loaded up and we are about 200 lbs overweight on the pin and gross vehicle weight. Truck and trailer are level. It drives fine, no handling issues, no braking issues. There are times when we’re going 45 up a hill, but those are about 15 minute intervals during a long trip. Diesel would solve that, but weights be even worse off. Not sure if there is long term damage to TV. I don’t like being over, so considering removing back seat and maybe my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a general rule I would be more concerned with exceeding the rear axle rating.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmungle View Post
    a 2015 f150 king ranch with the 3.5 ecoboost Rated @3200 payload
    3200 lb payload is the brochure advertised maximum possible payload for an HDPP equipped zero option regular cab work truck. HDPP was never available on the King Ranch. You may want to check the door label on your specific truck. The "combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed ???" line on the tire pressure label is your actual payload.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my Reflection 29RS, I bought a Ram 2500 with the 5.7L gas engine knowing I was close to my limits.

My experience towing was good as long as I wasn't in the mountains, rolling hills or high winds and I was driving slow (55mph). I paid heavy at the pump getting only 4-7 mpg, filling up 40 gallons every 2 hours.

Upgraded to a Ram 3500 with the 6.7L turbo diesel and the difference is hilarious. 12 mpg and I'm driving at a respectful 62MPH with cruise control. Mountains, rolling hills and high winds be damned.

The other month while camping I saw someone in a Chevy half-ton with a 5th wheel and I was just amazed that someone could be so careless.

That said, everyone will have a somewhat unique towing experience based on geography. If you live in flat land, you can get away with more than someone who lives in the high altitudes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost engine pulling a 2018 295RL. The dealer sold me the Reese Pro Series 15,000# hitch. I have added a tuner kit that will boost HP and Torgue for great pulling power. I also have the Firestone air bags installed and inflate to 30PSI for level travel. You can't make 90 degree turns as stated but, so far this has not been an issue. I have found the hitching and un-hitching works best when the airbags are lowered to 5 psi. raising and lowering the airbags with a compressor has not been an issue. Hope this helps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456