User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    You are robbing yourself of much of the pleasure of managing the black tank. There's the ongoing excitement in waging war with a frequently-changing array of treatment products (as well as soap and softener for the GEO method), and watching chunks move through the clear portions of the dump conduit is an underrated pastime. You're missing out, trust me.
    I agree!! What would RVing be like if you couldn't enjoy the finer things in life.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[sarcasm mode on] OMG some of you guys poop in your trailer toilet !!
    [sarcasm mode off]

Seriously , That's the one thing I'll never get either is why go through the expense of getting a nice trailer and not use all the amenities of the trailer
    (said she who nevers fries bacon in the trailer).

Curious.....To those who strictly use the the bath house, have you ever cheated on a wet, rainy, cold night at let's say 3:30 AM and used the trailer toilet
    and not let you spouse know ??
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 07-07-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To each their own. Seriously, do what you do and don't feel the need to justify it. Whatever works.

That said, I don't understand it. We swapped the head out of our shower, the original was garbage and removed the flow restrictor. Not everyone is going to do that so many probably have the crappy head that came with the unit and I'm sure that pushes people away. Space is another issue, either small coach, enjoying the larger space just because or being over weight or tall and almost needing the extra space to be comfortable, the reasons are probably as varied as the condition of the bath houses you find on the road.

I really don't get not pooping in your own toilet. We have some neighbors at our ownership site in FL that do that. I do not get having to walk accross the street to take a dump. Stink? There is a fan on the roof that can suck humidity and poop out and probably your cloths if you got close enough. I don't get it.

Whatever works for folks. Where we stay the bath houses are used frequently. I've used them from time to time if we have just rushed back from Mexican night and both our toilets are filled by the wife and kid. So not like I spit at the bath house. I'm just not going to get dressed and haul my crap over there to take a shower or throw my shoes on to walk over there to take a crap just so I can butt snuggle every other dude that used that seat since it was cleaned. Apparently a significant number of folks do. Works for them I guess.
    Last edited by Aridon; 07-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing mentioned by a lot of people why they have a trailer is they know who slept in their bed last night. Well public rest rooms aren't known for always being the most sanitary place around. Some people can be real pigs. That to me is a good reason for using the bathroom in your own trailer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the only time we use the campground showers is if they also have a pool. After swimming we will usually use the showers if they appear clean and maintained. Otherwise, I tend to agree with the above comments regarding using the the trailer facilities because that's what we bought it for. Draining and flushing the black tank causes me no concern whatever. Properly equipped, it's a clean, easy job. Also, I really don't have the "Ick Factor" gene. As for everyone else...do what makes you comfortable.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just answering the OP’s question, certainly not trying to convert anyone. We camp one or two nights at a time and the places we go have decent facilities. It keeps life simple and isn’t a hardship. I’d probably have a different approach if we were full-timing.

That being said, if you aren’t sampling the facilities as you travel around, you’re really missing out on a key indicator of the quality of life around the country. I get a little depressed every time we stop for fuel.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will use the campground restrooms from time to time, but its only cause our one bathroom is in use and sometimes the paperwork can't wait!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first fiver was small, along with it a small bathroom. I used the park facilities for a shower 'cause you just about had to step out of the tub to turn around. And you sure didn't want to drop the soap!
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my own space and am willing to take on the tasks to keep it. One of the pleasures of hauling around this big-****** thing is that I don't have to share my bathroom space with strangers.

OTOH, those last minute situations after dumping the tanks and packing up are better resolved in the campground.
    Last edited by JColeman; 07-07-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Can You Explain?

I like the bath houses at most of the Thousand Trails campgrounds because they have great water pressure and the stalls are massive. When you’re 6’5” it’s a luxury being able to use those facilities.
    That and the toilet in our Reflection was made for gnomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast