User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used MaxxAir II vent covers in smoke color on the kitchen and bathroom to let light in, and black on the bedroom to block light out. From a distance on the exterior they all look black to match the A/C cover.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the white, and idea to replace other black covers as they need replaced. How many years do other covers tent to last. Florida sun and heat! Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with Black. Instant match darker insides. Thanks for your thoughts.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    We need to get three vent covers for the new 2150rb. All plastics are black on the roof, seems we should match the black already up there? But Florida and white is always the way the go for sun and heat control?
    Your thoughts? Maybe a silly answer, but I know you all have had to make this decision in the past!
    Thanks
    I got black for the bedroom because we like it as dark as possible for sleeping. Went with the smoke colored ones for the other 2 vents--they still look fairly black but do let some light in.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the living area we, seldom have people sleeping in there, we went with white for extra light. And the same in the bathroom. I think it is very negligible on interior temperatures. As far as the bedroom goes, we went with a second AC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the black it has a up protection on it and the black is cooler than the white
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with white at the salesman's recommendation. I am a detail person and small things can really annoy me but I have to say it never catches my eye. No issue with the mix of black and white. Really that is what the exterior shell design is.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes no sense to me why dark colors like black are even utilized on RV's. Utilize a temp gun or thermal camera and the difference from a white vent cover to a black one can be 15-20 degrees warmer depending on conditions.

Our camper has the makes no sense black accents on the roof, a/c units (crazy to make those components even warmer), vents and all the other heat gain items up there.

To be the most efficient and reduce interior temperatures RV roofs and components like awnings should all be light colors, white being the best at reducing heat saturation and temperature increase.

If you want to match the other components go with black, since they are vent covers a limited amount of increased air temp could occur when using your vent fans, but the air movement thru them will cool them to some degree.

Don't get me wrong, black looks really cool on motorcycles and other vehicles, but when trying to cool a lightly insulated box in the warm sun, dark colors are a poor choice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Black will hold up to the the UV better that any other color. It's not a big difference over white maybe 15% longer before it breaks down to the point of needing replacement. Other colours have a much shorter lifespan in sunny environments. Black will also help keep the inside of the trailer cooler as it blocks more IR. White can be made to do the same by applying a IR blocking film.

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought black trying to coordinate the look with other rooftop items. It looks good from the outside, but keeps the inside a little darker than the white might have done. Wish I could compare a unit with white vent covers to see how much light they let in. I'd be tempted to go with white if I had it to do over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast