User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White Plastics are made with tio2. Tio2 reflects the Heat energy. Black is typically made with carbon black. It absorbs the Heat. There are other black colorants that are used that take a lot of UV modifier to protect them. The amount of heat that these collect does not matter. The reason is is that air can get in from under the edges and Escape through the vent side. Basically you are hiding in its shadow. The less light that can make it through will transfer less heat into the RV.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used black to stay consistent with everything else that's up there on the roof.

It's been in the triple digit temps the past three weeks here in Grand Junction. To keep it in the mid 70s inside, I turn all three A/Cs on 72F when I get up and close all the blinds on the sun side of the RV (curb side in the morning, street side in the afternoons). I also have the bathroom and kitchen fan set on low to exhast the heat. Up to about 100F outside temps it will stay 72F in here.....when it gets up to 104F outside, it goes up to 74F in here. Just how I maintain reasonable inside temps during this heat wave.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123