User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    droidguru

Question Under Cabinet Light Switches - 2015 323BHS

I posted this in the general forum but noticed the thread was marked as solved so I thought I would try in the reflection forum.

If anyone has a 2015 323BHS that could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a picture showing the switch I'm referring to in this post.

The set of three switches under the cabinet right when you walk in. Furthest from the wall (marked with a 1) are the puck lights over the middle cabinet above the pictured switches. Middle switch (marked with a 2) are the pendants over the island.

The final switch (marked with a 3) does nothing.

So far I have looked above the center cabinet "wine rack" and I see no light installed on the top of the cabinet there just a thin piece of plywood. I also looked underneath the island as some have suggested in other forums again plywood but no light installed. I went out at night flipped the switch didn't see any light inside or out and I don't here the inverter fan when I flip it.

Does this switch actually do anything? Thanks in advance for your help in solving this Scooby Doo caliber mystery!

Picture Attached......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switches3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	1005

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That switch would be for a powered vent in the kitchen if you have one installed.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

droidguru
    Ahhhh......

I will give it a try again tonight when I get home, however this would explain why no lights were coming on.

pwrplay
    Yes we have the same model and it is for the kitchen vent fan. I'm actually surprised you didn't' hear the fan come on when you turned the switch on. Makes me wonder if your fan is working??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fan has an on/off switch on it too. Someone on this forum has suggested taking the wires from the overhead light switch in the control center and swapping them out with the wires for the fan switch. I am going to give this a try this week. I do not like having to fumble around with all of the switches in the control center to turn on the overhead lights. I think GD should have tried entering the camper in the dark when they approved their final design and the may have located a switch near the door. I honestly believe that the people that design these have never used their product.

Jim
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

pwrplay
    Quote Originally Posted by campinfool View Post
    The fan has an on/off switch on it too. Someone on this forum has suggested taking the wires from the overhead light switch in the control center and swapping them out with the wires for the fan switch. I am going to give this a try this week. I do not like having to fumble around with all of the switches in the control center to turn on the overhead lights. I think GD should have tried entering the camper in the dark when they approved their final design and the may have located a switch near the door. I honestly believe that the people that design these have never used their product.

Jim

Great idea Jim, Im going to give it a go as well. Let us know how it turned out.

droidguru
    Thanks again. It was in fact the little black switch on the fan was off, so the fan wasn't coming on when I hit the switch. Thanks again for the help I thought that black switch was only for directional purposes.