User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camping at Niagra Falls, do we camp in NY or ON?

We are planning a trip to Niagara Falls in August. We tried to stay at Branches but unfortunately they don’t have availability for the last night of the trip. The wife really wants to camp on the Ontario side but having never been I have no idea what’s involved with bringing the fifth wheel, kids, gear, etc. What’s it like crossing the border with the RV? We’ve crossed plenty in a car or on foot but never had anything to declare so it was simple, that was also a few years ago so I’m sure there’s newer laws & requirements.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wish I could remember the name of the campground but we stayed on the Canadian side and it was very nice. A short drive to the Falls. It's no problem going over. Lot's of posts on here about crossing the border.

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at 4 Mile Creek State Park in NY. Nice place, big sites.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    We are planning a trip to Niagara Falls in August. We tried to stay at Branches but unfortunately they don’t have availability for the last night of the trip. The wife really wants to camp on the Ontario side but having never been I have no idea what’s involved with bringing the fifth wheel, kids, gear, etc. What’s it like crossing the border with the RV? We’ve crossed plenty in a car or on foot but never had anything to declare so it was simple, that was also a few years ago so I’m sure there’s newer laws & requirements.
    We cross the border several times each year to go to Florida, Texas or just to pickup things we have bought and had shipped to our mailbox in Niagara Falls New York. As long as you have your ID (passport) you will be asked to declare and food so just know roughly what you have, any alcohol, tobacco, guns (can't bring them to Canada or at least very difficult to). Likely be on your way within a few minutes of talking to the border control officer.

Do a search for campgrounds in Niagara Falls Ontario. There are many very nice ones like Yogi Bear's Jellystone Campground, Campark (Stayed here once 14 years ago and was nice) and a KOA.

I think easier to cross the border once to see the sights than everyday.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada