User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partly related to the topic, as I had a Nexen front tire problem. Couldn't hardly rotate my tires by hand with them lifted off the ground.
    Went thru my brakes while I had the tire off that was causing the vibration.
    Swapped it out with the spare for now and will be looking for couple front tires by a different mfgr.
    Found my front brake pad clips and the ends of the pads were getting rusty, appeared to limited the pad movement causing some drag on both.
    Cleaned them up and lubed the clips and pad ends with a touch of synthetic brake grease. Checked the rear, they were fine, cleaned and lubed them also.
    Test drove and lifted the front tires again, now can easily rotate both front tires by hand.
    Started using an IR camera along with IR gun I've had to help me watch wheels/tires.
    The camera highlights the Max temperature in the image.

Pad Clip:

Front Rotors on 7-1 with pads dragging. 195.8°F, 198.5°F

Front Rotors on 7-9 after cleaning brake parts. 174.5°F, 177.9°F
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Could you please provide more information on this? Maybe a link to support this. If this is true, then all of this inferior fix (wielding) would make sense as a temporary solution.
    I didn’t say this was fact , just that this is what I was told. When I explained my dissatisfaction with welding as a fix to the service manager at my selling RAM dealer he said that is what had come down the pipeline to him. Time will tell.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I didn’t say this was fact , just that this is what I was told. When I explained my dissatisfaction with welding as a fix to the service manager at my selling RAM dealer he said that is what had come down the pipeline to him. Time will tell.
    Thanks for clarification. I love the truck, however, the way FCA is handling this is a total embarrassment in my opinion.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Having been a mechanic doing front end work I feel that welding front end parts together is not acceptable. That is called a backyard mechanics fix and looked on as being very shoddy. If someone knows what they are doing and do the job right it would not have to be welded. Front end components are too much of a safety feature and should always be installed properly. I can't believe the dealer accepted welding front end parts together as a fix. I would never accept that if it was my truck.
    absolutely correct no welding on front

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had taken our 2017 3500 in and they were welded during other work per the recall. I was not happy but as others say, only an issue if the steering does not center. Just recently (June 6) we had a vibration and noise that felt front end. Dropped into Discount Tire. Yep, front left Nexan Roadian HTX RH5 (LT) had a tread separating. The OEM warranty is only 12 months per Nexan rep on phone, even though on their web page they are 40,000 miles 36 month defects. So I should have been able to pay $70 for a replacement but not happening. With 20,000 miles on the truck am thinking should I replace since we pull a 17,000# 5r. I replaced just the one tire with a Brigestone Dueller LTH. After finding this thread, am seriously considering all of the other 5.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123