Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TV Upgrade

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV Upgrade

I have a recently purchased Reflection 303RLS and plan on taking stock TV out and upgrading to Smart TV. What is maximum size that I need to purchase. I am thinking 49 or 50 with swivel mount. Thanks for any input/suggestions.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 303 RLS so not sure if they changed the dimensions on your rig or not. My opening is above the electric fireplace and below the Furrion DVD player three cabinets. The opening is 45" wide by 23" tall. Diagonal dimension is about 51".

Hope this helps
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you are wanting to try and put something bigger in that space, why not just measure the existing TV and buy the same size? Measure diagonally from bottom corner to opposite top corner.

1 Place the tape measure in the lower left hand corner of the TV's screen.
    2 Be sure to start measuring where the actual screen begins, not from the plastic frame of the TV (known as the bevel).
    3 Extend your tape measure or measuring stick to the upper right hand corner of the TV screen (diagonally from where you started).
    4 Record the length between these two corners. This is the screen's size.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 297rsts I could only fit a 43” above the fireplace

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded my 40 inch non smart tv to a 40 inch Roku TV in my 337rls. I looked at putting a bigger TV and realized it would just be more of a hassle dealing with trying to hook wires up and stuff like that. I'd rather not have to take my TV off the mount just to hook wires up. I mainly sit towards the door of my 337rls at the dinette with computer setup on table and watch TV easily. Only thing I want is some Roku wireless speakers to help with listening to the TV when AC is running and Air Purifier is full blast.

Overall, a 43 inch is not much bigger than a 40", and the hassle is less if you stay with 40 and overall It's still a pretty big dang screen for a RV of my layout.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The larger you go the worst the picture quality will be. You only 7 feet from the TV.