User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props to Grand Design and Mike Thompsons

We have had our Solitude for 5 months now and have had it camping 4 times. Like a lot of us we too have had some issues to resolve, the most critical one a blown hydraulic line controlling the slide outs. We took into service and also had them address the standard warranty list. I also have had to contact GD customer service a couple times on questions or things I could handle myself. To date I have to say that Grand design has been fantastic in both promptness and resolving the concerns. Along with that I must give some very high props to our local service rep Mike Thompsons RV in Colton Ca. I know a lot of service departments get hammered but I can honestly say my dealings with these guys have been excellent. They even pointed out an item I did not catch and gave me a couple tips on my Solitude I was not aware of. There was no hurry up to get on to the next customer. My service rep Shawn took the time to understand each of the concerns both times we had it in.
    Thank you Grand Design for such a great unit and Thank you Mike Thompson for minimizing the down time and getting us back to camping
    Gary and Jo
    Corona Ca
    2014 Solitude 305RE (Odyssey)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel (Apollo)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen!! Also Tradewinds RV in Ocala, FL has been awesome with both our RV's we've purchased there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G&J, I live in Orange County and we saw the GD Momentum at the Pomona RV show. Good to hear about the good relationship with Mike Thompson as that's who we will have to go through. I see you give "props" to the service department. How was the sales department? How were they with your PDI?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We to went with Mike Thompson RV of Colton, Ca. and so far so good, The Sales Men (Joseph Morales & Randall Olson W/ Financing) We have the GD 379FL. Some vary little things that have been addressed,,, But the BIG one was the install of the Super Combo manufactured by Pinnacle also same as Equator brand....the Directions are vary bad (See Spot Run) is better,,,,But what is not right is that the Service Dept. 1st did not hook up the vent tubing right had an 3/4" air gap,,the 2nd part is that they cut the hole out the back wall about 5" to low this makes for 2 back to back turns and slows down the AIR Flow,,,,,,,,They did not fix the door on the Norcold 18cf Refrigerator, I had to remove the left door and add 2 slime washers to lift the door up so that it would allow the center flapper to close then this would allow the right door to fully seal air tight.....I am in the HVAC/R Trade,,,On the GD side they just hang the 50" TV on the hooks at the bottom most settings,,,well this keeps the remote IR from hitting the eye on the TV, I raised it up 2" works now and still room for the wood top to come down when you hide the TV..Also on GD is that I had to remove the 2nd hinge on the Bedroom door as it was binding,,BUT way is this door so short unlike the Bathroom door nice and TALL I am 6'4",, and why not 2 switches for the Bed reading lights have to reach over DW to turn off, or one wall switch for the dinning room lights,,I will mount my on as DW cant reach the one that is on the ceiling lamp base over the dinner table. I also need to know what is the Grey tank #1 on the control center Galley or Shower? All & All we would do this again we Love our new Rig...........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also purchased our 375RE from Mike Thompson's in Colton in March 2015. Our salesman was Taj Washington and Randall Olson in finance, both did a great job. I can't say the same about the service department, it took 4 weeks to prep and fix the few issue we had. We showed up two weeks into the four and found that two of our major concerns had not been addressed. Spoke with the Dale Hammer the head of MT service and was told evetything would be corrected asap. Upon delivery 2 weeks later we noticed both the Kitchen & Dinette slides where never adjusted and are still not sitting flush on the bottom.

Sales Team Great, Service not so much..