Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Kanleak!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150523_184228407.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	2309
    I know a few of you have repaired or replaced the Kantleak valve. I have a leak at the T in the center of the inlet manifold. It is the only pex line without a removable fitting. It looks like you can disconnect all the lines and spin this one off, but does it have an O ring or Teflon on the fitting. We have a lot planned in the coming weeks and I don't want to make a couple 80mile round trips to drop it off and get it back.
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sean, that is exactly where I just fixed my leak at. Mine did have a removable fitting though. I just loosened the hose from the fitting, unscrewed it and cleaned off all the teflon. I put new teflon tape on it and screwed it back in. No leak now. It looked like there was enough teflon on it, but it wasn't screwed in very tight. My dealer had relaced the 4 way valve, so I guess they would have to be the one who didn't screw it all the way in, because it didn't leak from there before.
    This is what mine looks like. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	2310
    Sorry my phone turns pics sideways.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Scott. Hank Huizinga said he had the same thing too. His and mine, that's the only line without a fitting on it! Hank removed the line, put Teflon on it and reattached it. Looks like I need a pex tool unless I remove the whole valve body and spin it off. Better than a trip to the dealer! I feel better knowing its a relatively simple fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: we got home and I ran into town to Home Depot. They had the clamps for $6, but didn't have the Pex clamping tool. They did have a generic clamping tool that said not for Pex, but I figured for $11 it was worth a try. It works great. I fixed the fitting ( I had to use heat to remove it from the Pex ) and reinstalled everything and fastened the clamp. You had to squeeze harder than the Pex ratchet tool, but it worked great. I fixed the leak for under $20! Much better than the 2 round trips at 80 miles each to drop it and pick it up at the dealer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced my 3rd valve in 9 months. Mine also did not have a removable fitting and I had to buy a remover and pliers earlier to deal with this. This time around, before I'd received my replacement valve, I got a brass "T" from HD and put a plastic compression fitting onto the line so I'll be able to more easily remove it in the future. Not sure why these t's continue to be an issue, and I'm not sure why GD doesn't either spec an all brass valve or use another supplier. Anyway, at this point mine is not leaking. I also put hinges on my basement walls to make them easier to remove. I'd read about someone that replace their wall with Plexi which I might so. It sure seems that valve is a weak point in out plumbing systems.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)