We have had our Solitude for 5 months now and have had it camping 4 times. Like a lot of us we too have had some issues to resolve, the most critical one a blown hydraulic line controlling the slide outs. We took into service and also had them address the standard warranty list. I also have had to contact GD customer service a couple times on questions or things I could handle myself. To date I have to say that Grand design has been fantastic in both promptness and resolving the concerns. Along with that I must give some very high props to our local service rep Mike Thompsons RV in Colton Ca. I know a lot of service departments get hammered but I can honestly say my dealings with these guys have been excellent. They even pointed out an item I did not catch and gave me a couple tips on my Solitude I was not aware of. There was no hurry up to get on to the next customer. My service rep Shawn took the time to understand each of the concerns both times we had it in.
Thank you Grand Design for such a great unit and Thank you Mike Thompson for minimizing the down time and getting us back to camping