User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by U2skier View Post
    Just want to start out by saying what a great wealth of knowledge you all have. I have researched and watched youtube and feel more confused than ever( doesn't take much). We have picked out the
    2670MK, love the layout, size, and yes even the "new" interior. The problem is I am having second thoughts on the size and weight. On paper, it looks ok, but I know that is different than actually towing.
    The 2600RB is a strong contender because it drops us down on length and weight a bit. But it lacks a second AC in bedroom and 50 amp service. It is also lacks a fireplace ( wife wants one). My questions are these;

1). Those of you with a 2600RB, do you wish you had that 2nd AC in bedroom?
    2). Is that an option? I don't see where it is offered.
    3). Length and weight vs. everything we would "like" to have in a TT (2670mk)
    or should I not even consider the "wants" and go with towability?

Truck is a 2019 5th gen RAM Bighorn, 5.7L , 8 speed, 4x4 with off road package and tow package, hill decent. GVWR 7100; cargo capacity 1611 (door sticker); towing 11240; GCWR 17000.
    Passengers will be "the wife", myself and 2 dogs @ 70lbs.

Towing in FLA, and up to our property in NC, for the most part.

Thanks so much for any thoughts you may have.
    I went through the same anguishing decision. I have a 2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7L 4.10 rear axle.
    We ended up buying the 2670Mk with the sofa vice recliners.

NO regrets with this decision. No problems towing at all but suggest the equal-i-zer 4pt weight distribution system, gives you 4 point sway control.

My cargo weight capacity is in fact just 1100 lbs. I read everything I could on weight distribution hitches and the affect on tongue weight, conflicting information.

My truck has ample power, tows level with minimum sway.

I am careful to have all tanks empty when traveling, only a little fresh water.

The design of the 2670MK is wonderful, never found anything to come close in terms of layout and storage. It is huge inside with the two slides.

Glad to chat by phone if you want, send me a private message with a phone number.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of my confusion comes in with "real world weight" vs GVWR for trailer. If the GVWR of the 2670mk is 8495#, doesn't that include propane, battery and the weight in trailer? At 12%, the hitch weight weight would be 1019#, the worst case scenario.
    1611-1019=592# left for weight in the truck. If I went with a good WDH, say a pro pride, is the weight of hitch added into truck weight? What is the threshold "extra" weight to have left over? Thanks...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the hitch weight is added to the tongue weight, which is included in the payload. I've read that a properly loaded TT has 12% to 15% of its weight on the tongue. So tongue wt would be between 1019 and 1274 lbs plus the weight of the WD hitch and both are counted against the payload. So say the WD hitch weighs 100 lbs, add the 1274 lbs of tongue wt is 1374 lbs, this leaves 237 lbs of payload (worst case). So technically within specs, as long as nothing goes into the truck. Keep in mind you'll be driving around in a truck thats almost max'd out when you are towing. I'll bet it can pull the load on most grades with ease, but I'd be more worried if it can stop.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of my confusion comes in with "real world weight" vs GVWR for trailer. If the GVWR of the 2670mk is 8495#, doesn't that include propane, battery and the weight in trailer? At 12%, the hitch weight weight would be 1019#, the worst case scenario.
    1611-1019=592# left for weight in the truck. If I went with a good WDH, say a pro pride, is the weight of hitch added into truck weight? What is the threshold "extra" weight to have left over? Thanks...
    The GVWR includes everything, and you should not exceed it. A WD hitch will move some of the weight on the ball to the trailer axle, hence is included in axle weight. This increases weight on front axle but lightens the rear axle load on the truck. Assuming 1019 pound hitch weight as much as 30% could be moved to the truck front axle and trailer axle. This means the load on the truck is 150 pounds less, meaning your available payload could be about 700+ pounds. Just an example, the actual transfer is based on how much leverage is on the hitch and the distances truck front axle to ball and trailer axle center to ball,
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the weight of the ProPride (or any hitch) also comes off the payload of the truck, in addition to the tongue weight of the trailer. The ProPride is almost 200 lbs.
    Using the GVWR at 12% gives you an approximate worst possible case scenario. My 2670MK straight from the dealer (with battery and propane) had a tongue weight of only 11%. After I filled the water tank completely, the tongue weight only increased to 11.5% of the new weight. It had pretty bad sway. Currently, with the Propride, loaded for camping for 10 days, dry my trailer is at 7,360 and it subtracts 920 lbs from the payload of the truck.
    If you plan to travel with no or minimal liquids in the tanks, I would hazard to guess that even with the ProPride you would be hard pressed to get the "payload cost" to the truck to be much more than 1,000 lbs. For mine, I have about 1,100 lbs to go to get to GVWR. I can't think of what I would ever load in that would weigh that much. So I have no concerns about traveling from time to time with a fair amount of liquids.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to thank you all again. I now have a better understanding of WDH and the effect it would have. It's great to this info from people actually towing the kind of TT's that i am considering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towed a 2670 with a 2003 Yukon and a Equalizer 4-way hitch from Eastern Idaho to the Oregon coast. No sway issues. 30lbs of air in the air bags to help the hitch load. Mine weighed in just under 8000lbs loaded. You have to decide what you are comfortable with, but it sounds like your truck is capable of safely towing the trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 2670MmK and love it. The fire place comes in very handy on chilly fall or early spring mornings. Even all day in the Winter is great. Living in middle Tenn. We don’t get to cold. We will be living on ours for 6 months in Florida this winter. We have 50amp service and 2 AC units that comes in very handy in a hot July and August afternoons. With 50amp, I don’t think about what I can have running from 2 ACs and a convection oven or an induction cook top we added.

Good luck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a proud owner of a mk2670 pulled by f350, we have stabilizers and have no towing issues. The selling point was layout, storage and counter space. Living in BC, a second ac unit is only a dream requirement that the temp would require it, LOL. My only issue with the TT is quality of finishing and the the mattress, both issues have been addressed with time, money and lots of patience.

Happy travels and please visit beautiful British Columbia.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to start out by saying what a great wealth of knowledge you all have. I have researched and watched youtube and feel more confused than ever( doesn't take much). We have picked out the
    2670MK, love the layout, size, and yes even the "new" interior. The problem is I am having second thoughts on the size and weight. On paper, it looks ok, but I know that is different than actually towing.
    The 2600RB is a strong contender because it drops us down on length and weight a bit. But it lacks a second AC in bedroom and 50 amp service. It is also lacks a fireplace ( wife wants one). My questions are these;

1). Those of you with a 2600RB, do you wish you had that 2nd AC in bedroom?
    2). Is that an option? I don't see where it is offered.
    3). Length and weight vs. everything we would "like" to have in a TT (2670mk)
    or should I not even consider the "wants" and go with towability?

Truck is a 2019 5th gen RAM Bighorn, 5.7L , 8 speed, 4x4 with off road package and tow package, hill decent. GVWR 7100; cargo capacity 1611 (door sticker); towing 11240; GCWR 17000.
    Passengers will be "the wife", myself and 2 dogs @ 70lbs.

Towing in FLA, and up to our property in NC, for the most part.

Thanks so much for any thoughts you may have.
    Hi, I have a 2018 2600RB. The thermostat is located in my bed room. I was just in PA. 98 degrees with humidity. Thermostat set at 75 and kitchen area about 73 according to indoor thermometer.
    The weight of my trailer with trailer gear (chocks, chair, hoses, cables, propane, etc...) is 6380.
    Then I'd have to add weight of cloths and food. So were looking at about 6580.
    I'm towing with a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Ext Cab 6.0L 4:10 rear. The Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating (According to Chevy) is 20500 lbs. This truck weights (full gas, some tools and odds and ends, w/o driver) 6820. Add me and we're at 7030 lbs. 20500-7030 means I can tow 13,470 (and not exceed the GCVWR) not the 14000 lbs stated in the paperwork.
    Now it might seem I have way too much truck. That is, until you need to climb steep, long grades.
    Good luck with your new trailer. Be safe!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast