User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK vs. 2600RB

Just want to start out by saying what a great wealth of knowledge you all have. I have researched and watched youtube and feel more confused than ever( doesn't take much). We have picked out the
    2670MK, love the layout, size, and yes even the "new" interior. The problem is I am having second thoughts on the size and weight. On paper, it looks ok, but I know that is different than actually towing.
    The 2600RB is a strong contender because it drops us down on length and weight a bit. But it lacks a second AC in bedroom and 50 amp service. It is also lacks a fireplace ( wife wants one). My questions are these;

1). Those of you with a 2600RB, do you wish you had that 2nd AC in bedroom?
    2). Is that an option? I don't see where it is offered.
    3). Length and weight vs. everything we would "like" to have in a TT (2670mk)
    or should I not even consider the "wants" and go with towability?

Truck is a 2019 5th gen RAM Bighorn, 5.7L , 8 speed, 4x4 with off road package and tow package, hill decent. GVWR 7100; cargo capacity 1611 (door sticker); towing 11240; GCWR 17000.
    Passengers will be "the wife", myself and 2 dogs @ 70lbs.

Towing in FLA, and up to our property in NC, for the most part.

Thanks so much for any thoughts you may have.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by U2skier View Post
    Just want to start out by saying what a great wealth of knowledge you all have. I have researched and watched youtube and feel more confused than ever( doesn't take much). We have picked out the
    2670MK, love the layout, size, and yes even the "new" interior. The problem is I am having second thoughts on the size and weight. On paper, it looks ok, but I know that is different than actually towing.
    The 2600RB is a strong contender because it drops us down on length and weight a bit. But it lacks a second AC in bedroom and 50 amp service. It is also lacks a fireplace ( wife wants one). My questions are these;

1). Those of you with a 2600RB, do you wish you had that 2nd AC in bedroom?
    2). Is that an option? I don't see where it is offered.
    3). Length and weight vs. everything we would "like" to have in a TT (2670mk)
    or should I not even consider the "wants" and go with towability?

Truck is a 2019 5th gen RAM Bighorn, 5.7L , 8 speed, 4x4 with off road package and tow package, hill decent. GVWR 7100; cargo capacity 1611 (door sticker); towing 11240; GCWR 17000.
    Passengers will be "the wife", myself and 2 dogs @ 70lbs.

Towing in FLA, and up to our property in NC, for the most part.

Thanks so much for any thoughts you may have.
    A second A/C is not an option on the 2600RB which means it will have a 30 amp service. The 2670 is prewired for the second A/C and has a 50 amp service which will give you 100 amps of usable power - 50 amp X 2 legs. 30 amp is a single leg and provides 30 amps. You could always add a second A/C on the 2670 later if you determined you might need it. 30 amp service can be a PITA, especially if you're running A/C and other high loads. Can create nuisance trips. Something to consider when choosing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Assume about 12.5% tongue weight for either, and use the GVWR. You may not fully load up to that number, but it gives you a good max. number to use to judge whether your truck is suitable. So for the 2670, the tongue weight will be up to 1061. The 2600 will be up to 999. My 2670, loaded lightly for a week or so on the road (2 people, 2 dogs) comes in at 920.
    So, first check what your hitch is rated for. There is probably a sticker on it. You'll probably be fine, but will be getting close to the max. when using a weight distributing hitch.
    Then check your trucks payload. Note that the door sticker amount does not include any people, or anything added after it came off the assembly line (like dealer add-ons). Bed liner, running boards, etc. all come off that number. Assume also 100lbs for the hitch itself.
    So for the 2600RB, with your truck as stock, you get: 1611-999-100=512 available for people, pets, tools, gadgets, etc. in the truck. Only 450 with the 2670.

As you can see from the calculated vs my actual number (1061 vs 920) for the 2670, there is some wiggle room. You'll have to decide how close to the line you want to push it. There probably won't be any heavy things in the truck in your future (generators, gold bullion, etc.)

As far as length - it is a longer tail that will want to wag the dog, but not a big amount extra. For either, if your truck doesn't have "E" rated LT tires, you'll probably need to think about upgrading. Some 2670's (mine!) can be very light on the tongue (11% or less), which makes them prone to trailer sway. Research what others are using for hitches that have helped control it. I went the big $$ and got the ProPride (Hensely) that adds a lot of tongue weight and stops sway completely. Highly recommended, but costly.
    The shorter length may help a little in finding campsites, but unless you can get to 26 ft or less with something else, it won't be much of an advantage. Just be aware there is a lot of competition for longer sites.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I were also deciding between the 2600RB and the 2670MK until we saw the Transcend 26RLS. We loved the layout so much more because it has an extra sofa (which unfolds into a double bed) in addition to the recliner, so four people can cumfortably sit. We originally wanted a trailer with fiber glass walls because we weren't fond of the traditional look of an aluminum sided trailer, but the Transcend is different. The first time we saw it we thought that it had some sort of composite exterior. We only picked it up on 5/1/19 and we've camped a couple of times. We put about 1500 miles on it and so far we've only had one minor issue, which I easily fixed. It's worth a look.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I was hoping for an upgrade in the 2600RB to 50 amp/2nd AC, but you confirmed what I suspected. Being in FLA i would like a 2nd AC, just not sure if 1 would cool the whole trailer. The 30 amp service
    is less than I would like to have.
    As for the weight, sande005 , you came up with the numbers that were close to the numbers I came up with. I am leaning toward the 2670MK because of 2nd AC, 50 amp service, but still worried about length and weight.
    The difference in weight is only 62lbs, not much to make me give up 2nd AC,50amp service and "the wifes" fireplace.
    We did look at the Trancends at an RV show, and we liked them. I am not as familiar with them, and will give them a look.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Transcend 28MKS. Also has 2 theater recliners and also a sofa and tons of counter space!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but IMHO a 2670 puts you into 3/4-ton truck territory. Real world tongue weight will be 1000# or better when you're fully loaded with gear, batteries & propane.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the tongue weight will be close to 1000 lbs and I believe the max tongue weight for the 2019 Ram 1500 is 1100 lbs, which may be too close for comfort. I don't know if its possible but he may want to at upgrade the Class 4 hitch receiver. Having said that his truck does have a 1611 lb payload and that number includes 300 lbs for the drive and passenger (see below for the ram web page), so he should be able to tow the 2670, but he's only got 611 lbs left other passengers and cargo, which isn't a lot. It also depends upon where and how far you a going to tow the trailer. I personally would stick with the 2600RB based upon the numbers.

As for your AC question, our Transcend 26RLS only has one AC unit and so far, it hasn't been an issue. If you do go for the 2670 and don't get the second AC unit, see if you can upgrade the AC to 50 amps so you can add the AC unit at later date.

I know 2019 RAM 1500 real well, having almost bought one last January. Its a real nice truck and drives like a dream. Since we plan on traveling out west and up to Alaska where there are lots of long steep grades, I finally decided that we'd be better off getting a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/content/da..._2018-1-31.pdf

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    1. Payload and Max Trailer Weights are ESTIMATED values.

2. All weights are shown in pounds unless otherwise stated.

3. Payload and Max Trailer Weight values are rounded to the nearest 10 lb.

4. Payload = GVWR – Base Weight.

5. Trailer Weight Rating and Tow Vehicle Trailering Weight are calculated as specified in SAEJ2807. Passenger Weight = 300 lb. Options Weight is option content above 33 percent of sales volume. Trailer equipment weight = Class IV receiver hitch is 11.1 lb (if not already included in options weight). Trailer Hitch is 10 lb if TWR is less or equal to 5,000 lb and 65 lb if TWR is greater than 5,000 lb.

6. Payload and Trailer Weight Rating are mutually exclusive.

7. GAWRs, GVWRs and GCWRs should never be exceeded.

8. The recommended tongue weight for a conventional hitch is 10 percent of the gross trailerweight. The maximum tongue weight for Class IV receiver hitch is limited to 1100 lb.

9. Weight Distributing Hitch is recommended for trailers over 5,000 lb.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a 2500/250 to pull the 2670MK. The 2600RB needs a truck with payload of about 1500 pounds minimum IMO. The floor plan of the 2600RB is open, you will not need a second AC unit.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I agree that the tongue weight will be close to 1000 lbs and I believe the max tongue weight for the 2019 Ram 1500 is 1100 lbs, which may be too close for comfort. I don't know if its possible but he may want to at upgrade the Class 4 hitch receiver. Having said that his truck does have a 1611 lb payload and that number includes 300 lbs for the drive and passenger (see below for the ram web page), so he should be able to tow the 2670, but he's only got 611 lbs left other passengers and cargo, which isn't a lot. It also depends upon where and how far you a going to tow the trailer. I personally would stick with the 2600RB based upon the numbers.

As for your AC question, our Transcend 26RLS only has one AC unit and so far, it hasn't been an issue. If you do go for the 2670 and don't get the second AC unit, see if you can upgrade the AC to 50 amps so you can add the AC unit at later date.

I know 2019 RAM 1500 real well, having almost bought one last January. Its a real nice truck and drives like a dream. Since we plan on traveling out west and up to Alaska where there are lots of long steep grades, I finally decided that we'd be better off getting a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/content/da..._2018-1-31.pdf

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    1. Payload and Max Trailer Weights are ESTIMATED values.

2. All weights are shown in pounds unless otherwise stated.

3. Payload and Max Trailer Weight values are rounded to the nearest 10 lb.

4. Payload = GVWR – Base Weight.

5. Trailer Weight Rating and Tow Vehicle Trailering Weight are calculated as specified in SAEJ2807. Passenger Weight = 300 lb. Options Weight is option content above 33 percent of sales volume. Trailer equipment weight = Class IV receiver hitch is 11.1 lb (if not already included in options weight). Trailer Hitch is 10 lb if TWR is less or equal to 5,000 lb and 65 lb if TWR is greater than 5,000 lb.

6. Payload and Trailer Weight Rating are mutually exclusive.

7. GAWRs, GVWRs and GCWRs should never be exceeded.

8. The recommended tongue weight for a conventional hitch is 10 percent of the gross trailerweight. The maximum tongue weight for Class IV receiver hitch is limited to 1100 lb.

9. Weight Distributing Hitch is recommended for trailers over 5,000 lb.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The 2670 comes prewired for A/C and a 50a service. It's what GD calls a mandatory option. I call it an oxymoron.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast