User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose the 2930 over the 310 mainly because of the BR layout. DW and I have sleep apnea, and with the queen bed, it offers both of us to place our machines. We also like the large cap window and the dual entry into the bathroom. We've had some serious issues from the start, and hopefully they have been fixed. Overall we're happy with our choice.
    [/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    john&debbie could you elaborate on what serious issues you’ve encountered? Grand Design build issue or dealer?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    john&debbie could you elaborate on what serious issues you’ve encountered? Grand Design build issue or dealer?
    Both. We purchased ours late September, 2018. By December the refer quit, during that time, neither main floor slides seemed to operate properly. I have the Dometic RV refer, gas/electric. In the wisdom of GD, the furnace and refer are on the same 15A 12VDC circuit along with the LED puck lights in same slide the refer sits. Dometic got involved, and after replacing some wiring, a lower control board and a new refer, still no work. A jumper wire was run directly from the + terminal on the battery to the +DC terminal on the refer, bingo, it powered up. As it turned out, a junction block at the furnace fried making everything from that point dead. The slide issue turned out to be construction debris. If you have the dinette, the chairs are junk, we've had a couple replaced under warranty. When I mentioned BOTH, the Dealer estimated 2-3 weeks to complete my list of warranty issues, it was nearly two months. I took the trailer in on May 9, received it back July 1.
    [/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our 2930 a little over a month. We took a 2 day shake out trip then spent 10 days dry camping in southern Colorado. So far, the RV has performed flawlessly. When we purchased the 2930, we were also looking at the 303. We decided on the 2930 because the ceiling height and larger windows made it feel much more open. Also the larger bathroom, shower, better entry steps and larger kitchen island swung us that way.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to take another look at the 2930 when we get back to dealer and see how repairs workout on our Reflection 337RL. DW encouraging me to trade. Bradnailer do you mind if I ask how your F250 does pulling? I have a 2500HD Silverado Duramx and have done fine with the Reflection. Don't want to start a 1 ton 3\4 ton truck war.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to take another look at the 2930 when we get back to dealer and see how repairs workout on our Reflection 337RL. DW encouraging me to trade. Bradnailer do you mind if I ask how your F250 does pulling? I have a 2500HD Silverado Duramx and have done fine with the Reflection. Don't want to start a 1 ton 3\4 ton truck war.
    Our F250 was great. The diesel had plenty of power. I added air bags which I believe helped smooth out the ride. We pulled through the hill country of Texas and the hills in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, almost 1900 miles total. With the six speed automatic, the truck seldom got below fifth gear. Gas mileage averaged between 9.5 and 10. I normally run between 65 and 70 MPH which puts the RPM between 1500 and 1800.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded in our 337 in October and purchased the 2930. We have loved the wider body, shorter length, the bathroom and bedroom layout. The front window does attract heat but what window doesn't? We keep the shade pulled when in the direct sun and it does a great job. The two A/C's are a big plus. We like the bigger island and the overall lightness of the unit. We have overslept many times this summer by closing the bedroom doors and keeping the shades pulled. Really dark when you want it. The old Reflection did not have autolevel - still getting used to it but I love the feature on the 2930. Downside - smaller basement storage in the passthrough. Taller in the front compartment but overall, okay - just forced me to purge a little. So far we have NO regrets on our decision. Oh, and not to start a truck war but it seems my 2500 pulls the trailer fine and stops everything as well as the Reflection.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most your questions I think have been answered so I will just give you my 2 cents worth. For us the 2930 checked all the boxes and with that being said if it checks all your boxes (or your Wife's) that’s all that matters. You are going to have some problems no matter what you buy just expect it! Luckily our problems have been minor and I have been able to fix them without returning to the dealer. We love everything about our 2930 and have no regrets! Good luck and happy camping!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like to thank everyone for your information and advice about the 2930. Today we took the drive and have a pending deal on it. Trading in the 337. I have one concern. The height and ground clearance of the waste outlet pipe. I measure about 8” ground clearance. Has anyone had a problem with this. I’ve never seen one hang this low. Dealer says he will cut it back for more clearance if I want. All the Solitudes on the lot had same height. I also forgot to check for outlets in the storage hatch. Anyone tell me if there is one on each side? The blinds are tan rather then dark brown like our 337. Do they still do good job blocking the sun? Last question. Can you open refrigerator with slide in? Forgot to check that also. We really went back and forth between the 2930, 3350 and 310GK. The 3350 was actually about $2K less because a 2019 model, the 310GK about $7K more. It all came down to the floor plan of the 2930. DW likes the bathroom and counter space. Less storage but I’ll just take less unneeded cargo. Think we will be happy and sincerely hope it doesn’t have issues like our 337 has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like to thank everyone for your information and advice about the 2930. Today we took the drive and have a pending deal on it. Trading in the 337. I have one concern. The height and ground clearance of the waste outlet pipe. I measure about 8” ground clearance. Has anyone had a problem with this. I’ve never seen one hang this low. Dealer says he will cut it back for more clearance if I want. All the Solitudes on the lot had same height. I also forgot to check for outlets in the storage hatch. Anyone tell me if there is one on each side? The blinds are tan rather then dark brown like our 337. Do they still do good job blocking the sun? Last question. Can you open refrigerator with slide in? Forgot to check that also. We really went back and forth between the 2930, 3350 and 310GK. The 3350 was actually about $2K less because a 2019 model, the 310GK about $7K more. It all came down to the floor plan of the 2930. DW likes the bathroom and counter space. Less storage but I’ll just take less unneeded cargo. Think we will be happy and sincerely hope it doesn’t have issues like our 337 has.
    we upgraded from a 27' Laredo fifth wheel we had for 10 years. We really like our 2930. There are outlets on both sides of the main storage but no outlet in the front storage. You can open the right door of the refrigerator with slides in. The pull down shades block the sun but the skylight above the sink lets in light. The bed room is dark with all the shades pulled. I added a 2200 Watt inverter, so my wife can dry her hair. My wife says it is easier to keep clear then our 27' fifth wheel. The only problem I have had is the door does not seal at the top. I will take it in for warranty service at the end of the camping season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast