User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2930RL feedback?

Looking to upgrade. Wife likes the 2930RL. Wondering if anyone who has one has had any issues? Does the window in front cap affect the cooling or heat in front bedroom? I'm thinking it has to because a full cap is insulated. Are there receptacles inside the storage hatch? Forgot to check for that at dealer. Appreciate any feedback. Dealer has been steering us toward the 310GK because he says the 2930RL is not a true Solitude. He compares it to a Montana High Country. I feel its an upgrade from the Reflection but not a true Solitude. But then again its about $7K less then the 310GK. Wife really likes the floorplan. Appreciate any feedback.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amenities in the S-class aren't quite as nice as a regular Solitude. Some of the things with the S class we like better though than what the Solitude has. Windows is one. Solitude has the frameless windows that have small openings at the bottom that wind out. S class windows are sliders that are big and will let a lot of fresh air in. Electric leveling instead of hydraulic. We have never had the leveling so only can go off of what we read on here. That one touch deal with the remote though just does not appeal to us. One big thing we like more with the S class is the CCC. S class cargo capacity is over 4K#'s, regular Solitude in most models is only 2K something #'s. Big difference. For some people that is not a problem but for others it is.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 07-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The build on the S series is the same, way more than any Montana High Country.

The amenities are not, electric leveling, electric slides, smaller refer, etc.

Walls, R values, etc....same.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as my signature implies we have the 3350 S-Class and like it. Yes it was some $10K less than a full Solitude like the 310. We like the S Class windows, electric leveling and cargo cap. The 3350 is a little longer at 37 ft than the 2930 and has more cargo cap. The bedroom/bathroom lay out is the difference between the two. You gotta figure out which one you like the best. In the end I'm glad we picked the 3350 for its bathroom layout. I have my own sink (small but workable) , storage drawer and shelves, the Wife can keep all of her junk over on her side!
    The 2930 front window did not make that much difference to us. We do have the smaller 12 cu ft fridge and that is ok with us. We tend to want to buy our food as fresh as it can be just coming into the grocery store. We don't need a huge fridge anyway for just me and the Wife, and besides it gives us a reason to get out of the RV and do some walking around the grocery store.

On our 3350 there are AC plugs on either side of cargo storage, but there are none that I recall in the front storage compartment.

We didn't care about the one touch control in the full Solitude. The dumb control panel is just fine with us. Now I just have to remember to close the closet door after accessing the control panel. Some owners have just taken the cabinet door off and leave the control panel exposed. The electric leveling has worked great and the control unit is fixed to the left front cargo door and when using to hitch up affords a good safe view of the hitch.
    Oh, we also like the heated tanks in the S-Class. It fits right in between the Reflection and the full Solitude and that was fine with us.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-09-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have our eye on a 2930, spent a couple hours checking one out at dealership. Only 34' long, good CCC, wide body. Gives up some space in the bedroom compared to our 315RLTS, but frankly we don't really need it. Would like to hear how owners like/dislike bedroom window. I like how it opens up the room during the day, wonder if it's a pita at night. The washer/dryer prep seems a bit lame but isn't a factor for us. Seems like a great, roomy couples 5er. Will be watching this thread.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Well as my signature implies we have the 3350 S-Class and like it. Yes it was some $10K less than a full Solitude like the 310. We like the S Class windows, electric leveling and cargo cap. The 3350 is a little longer at 37 ft than the 2930 and has more cargo cap. The bedroom/bathroom lay out is the difference between the two. You gotta figure out which one you like the best. In the end I'm glad we picked the 3350 for its bathroom layout. I have my own sink (small but workable) , storage drawer and shelves, the Wife can keep all of her junk over on her side!
    The 2930 front window did not make that much difference to us. We do have the smaller 12 cu ft fridge and that is ok with us. We tend to want to buy our food as fresh as it can be just coming into the grocery store. We don't need a huge fridge anyway for just me and the Wife, and besides it gives us a reason to get out of the RV and do some walking around the grocery store.

On our 3350 there are AC plugs on either side of cargo storage, but there are none that I recall in the front storage compartment.

We didn't care about the one touch control in the full Solitude. The dumb control panel is just fine with us. Now I just have to remember to close the closet door after accessing the control panel. Some owners have just taken the cabinet door off and leave the control panel exposed. The electric leveling has worked great and the control unit is fixed to the left front cargo door and when using to hitch up affords a good safe view of the hitch.
    Oh, we also like the heated tanks in the S-Class. It fits right in between the Reflection and the full Solitude and that was fine with us.
    You can get the 3350 with the residential 18 cu ft fridge, we saw a couple of them at Lazy Days in Tampa FL last February. That's the route we will go if we get one of the 3350 S-class's.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You can get the 3350 with the residential 18 cu ft fridge, we saw a couple of them at Lazy Days in Tampa FL last February. That's the route we will go if we get one of the 3350 S-class's.
    yup , both the 3350 and 2930 have the 18 cu fridge option. The 18 may operate better (colder) don't know. Our 12 with upper deflector mod hangs around 33 at night or with cloudy days or left side shady to 38-40 degrees midday full sun 97 ambient outside temp.

It's a tough decision between the two or three. We looked at S-Class 2930 & 3350 and Full Solitude 310 with all they offered and did not offer, before we bought, any of them would have been great for us for full timing but one stood out for our needs.
    The S-Class is a little step down from the full Solitude and a little step up from the Reflection like 337. S class $10k less than Full Solitude, $10k more than Reflection. We have only run into one Solitude snob couple that thought our S-Class was beneath them since it wasn't a full Solitude. Well, who cares what they think anyway.

Lets dig into the S- Class specifics. Electric leveling W/ electric rack slides and one schwintek slide- we preferred this instead of hydraulic. One less liquid system to worry about.
    2930 is 4 point electric leveling. 3350 is 6 point and I think the extra mid stabilizing jacks are better for a more stable coach. Both simple Ground Control 3.0 systems with easy access to controller.
    Both have 12 or 18 cu fridge option. Both are wide body. Both have dual pane windows option but framed, not frame less. Both have same holding tank capacities. Both have heated tanks, same insulation, same electronics and AC capacity. Both have same suspension W/ 7K axles.

2930 is a little shorter at 34.4 length, ccc 3558 & GVWR 15K # versus the 3350 at 36.9 length and ccc 4599 and GVWR 16.8K #. I think my addition is correct based on today's GD web site specs. With the pin box location both have @ 3 foot overhang on truck bed. The extra CCC weight potential of the 3350 probably figures on the truck and pin weight. That maybe an issue of truck payload cap for some owners.

Only the 2930 shows a booth dinette option if thats correct on the web site & important. Bed and bath is the real difference. Both have king bed option. 2930 Dual access to bathroom both pocket doors. This makes it seem like a more wide open bath and more bath space. Easy access to bath from bedroom. Single bath sink W/ underneath cabinet and with medicine cabinet and generous linen closet. The shower W/ seat, In either case with bowed shower curtain rod makes for more room in the shower & easier to keep clean. Some units have glass shower doors, some have a shower curtain depending on the date of build. Individual preference there.

2930 greater access to the bed sides W/ night stands. Dresser/closet/drawers partially blocked with slide in but still has access. Bed over head cabinets, maybe hard to fully access with only 3 over head cabinet doors but good storage. The window - lets in a lot of light, pull down shade, maybe a tad hotter during the day with shade up, but you only sleep at night. The window makes the bedroom seem more roomy and bright. Probably not anymore susceptible to damage during towing than say the front nose of the 3350. Anything that hits the nose at towing speed is going to cause damage. The washer/dryer access is in main cabin kitchen, may not be right for some people.

3350 longer heavier. Dual bath sinks but smaller (marine size), huge lighted mirror with shelves either side, No medicine cabinet, but with 2 cabinets and three drawers under sink vanity. Additional generous linen cabinet in bath. More storage in bath overall. Limited access to bathroom thru one pocket door.
    Bedroom arrangement seems more wide open and spacious but with slide in limited access to side dresser, closet partially blocked by bed, have to climb over bed. Bed only has small narrow shelves (elbow bumpers) , no night stands. Big closet up front with sliding mirrored barn doors and with generous shelves, big enough to mount a good sized safe for valuables. Still safe could be mounted under bed for both units. Seems to be more storage potential in bedroom than 2930, and W/D connection in front closet away from living quarters. However have to remove closet shelving to install W/D and loss of some closet storage capacity, but all potentially makes pin weight heavier. Egress out bedroom window ICOE partially block by dresser.

Both or all three are great floor plans. For us going full timing, the lower cost of the S-Class but with the more important to us options of the Solitude line, and CCC of the 3350 with more storage cabinets in bath and bedroom made the decision for us. But it is longer and heavier GVWR than the 2930, and since it has only 7K axles just like the 2930, but can store 1000# more cargo weight by the numbers, that doesn't mean we want to go crazy loading crap into it.

I think the UVW and GVWR and thus cargo numbers have changed on the GD web site since we bought our 3350. My CCC numbers are a off by 121#.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-10-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve, were you listening to our conversations about upgrading ? We could have wrote exactly what you just did . LOL those are the same comparrisons and reasoning we have had looking at the 3 models.
    Right now to 3350 is what tops our list for many of the same reasons.

The big window in front and less physical storage space in and out than our 303 has knocked the 2930 off the list very fast. We decided to hang in a holding pattern to see what new floorplans GD has for us to see at the Rally in Aug. But the 3350 is it for now. We came within inches of getting one in FL at the RV show but the idiot salesman beyond lowballed a trade offer even after telling him we are happy in the 303 and do not have to do it and if the offer isn't good we'll walk..he diddn't believe us. We walked
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

Steve, were you listening to our conversations about upgrading ? We could have wrote exactly what you just did . LOL those are the same comparrisons and reasoning we have had looking at the 3 models.
    Right now to 3350 is what tops our list for many of the same reasons.

The big window in front and less physical storage space in and out than our 303 has knocked the 2930 off the list very fast. We decided to hang in a holding pattern to see what new floorplans GD has for us to see at the Rally in Aug. But the 3350 is it for now. We came within inches of getting one in FL at the RV show but the idiot salesman beyond lowballed a trade offer even after telling him we are happy in the 303 and do not have to do it and if the offer isn't good we'll walk..he diddn't believe us. We walked
    LOL.... Yup we have been there, went through the same analysis as you all. We were in a holding pattern as you are, but we had the Imagine 2950 great RV for what it is, but we knew it just wasn't big enough to full time and was missing a lot of full time options. Our going fulltime transition date got moved up to November next year.
    This past February at the Austin RV show, low and behold our dealership wanted to move a 3350 (mfg date fall of 2018), gave us 30% off and a fairly good trade for our Imagine. GD show rep helped with factory incentive on the trade. Had found a B&W Companion hitch for our Ram on craigslist slightly used for $600. All the stars aligned and boom-lacka-lacka-boom here we are with the 3350RL. Made the discussion and never looked back. I have since greatly appreciated the cavernous pass thru storage compartment & capacity of the 3350. The front storage compartment is still empty. We love the bathroom arrangement after using it, the Wife keeps all of her stuff on her side of the vanity. Man I'm telling you with all the curling irons, hair dryer, face painting makeup and stuff they use, well I'm just glad they are gorgeous after getting all fixed up!!! We have found that the 3350 bathroom provides a little more privacy than like in the 2930 with its multiple entry pocket doors. Ours has the King bed, but for a little more room in the bed slide a queen bed would give more room if that fits its occupants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at the 310GK pretty seriously as well but decided on the S-Class 2930RL. Frankly, we felt that the wider frame, plus the overall floorplan was far better than the Keystone High Country, which seemed to lack in overall fit and finish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast