User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitches

Hi all! We will be purchasing a 2019 Reflection 303RLS this week. We will be towing it with a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW SB and need suggestions on best hitches. We are “newbies” and need all the help we can get!
    Thanks!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by April055l View Post
    Hi all! We will be purchasing a 2019 Reflection 303RLS this week. We will be towing it with a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW SB and need suggestions on best hitches. We are “newbies” and need all the help we can get!
    Thanks!!
    We have the Anderson hitch because we have the flip ball gooseneck hitch in the truck. The Anderson hitch hooks to that. We love the hitch.
    Jim and Tonya
    Fur baby Sadie
    2011 f350 ccs lb
    2019 337RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run the Andersen in my F-350 short-bed and 303. Love it so far.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are using the Hensley TrailerSaver BD-5
    Last edited by rvcrazyorwhat; 07-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband likes the Andersen but we’ve heard there may be Warranty issues with Grand Design, anyone know anything about that?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen hitch

This is on the side of my hitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 39ADAEEB-E93C-4FEB-A252-30694B6B296B.jpg  

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!
    I run the Andersen in mine, over 10,000 miles so far and its a dream. Light and easy in and out, and hitching up is a piece of cake.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say that I find it interesting that Andersen feels it's necessary to put that statement on the side of their product ( does not void warranty). Does that come from customer feedback or internet myths running rampant or what? Theirs is the only hitch I've ever seen that on. Just curious.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 07-09-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I must say that I find it interesting that Andersen feels it's necessary to put that statement on the side of their product ( does not void warranty). Does that come from customer feedback or internet myths running rampant or what? Theirs is the only hitch I've ever seen that on. Just curious.

If you read it on the internet, you know that it must be true. If you’ve read it more than once, because someone just repeat what they read (because it must be true), then you really know that it must be true.

Sometimes, the only way to dispel a myth is to confront it head-on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Hitch

My husband likes the Andersen but we’ve heard there may be Warranty issues with Grand Design, anyone know anything about that?
    A search on this forum will show a lengthy discussion over the Andersen hitch and potential warranty issues. Short version is that Lippert (makes the frames) and by extension, Grand Design, claims gooseneck hitch adapters place too much stress on the frame via the pin box. They lump the Andersen hitch in this category. So any structural damage they can blame on the hitch will likely result in a denial of warranty coverage from the manufacturer. From what I have read, I believe it is technically true using the Andersen hitch does not 'void' the warranty. Not sure that really matters. Andersen does claim (see their website) to have their own insurance policy that would cover any such damages caused by the hitch. I have not read about any case where an Andersen hitch has been found to cause structural damage like this. I believe the only gooseneck hitch solution supported by Lippert is the Reese Goosebox. There are some folks on the forum using this hitch.

There are many Andersen hitch users on this forum, including us. Our original tow vehicle was a short bed Ram 2500, which from a bed size/clearance perspective should be identical to your 3500 SB. The dealer setup our Andersen with the coupler adapter forward of the pin for maximum turn clearance with the cab. We found we could still make contact in a tight turn. But the real problem was a lack of clearance with the pin box to the bed rails. I think most folks on the forum, even with short beds, are using the Andersen with the coupler aft (trailer closer to truck) so as to get more clearance to the bed rails, and are living with less turning capability. But I haven't seen any complaints about not getting into sites, even so. You will likely find some folks out there that would strongly recommend a B&W slider hitch in your situation. Your 3500 should have plenty of payload, so a heavy hitch like this would work in your situation, and may provide more bed rail and cab clearance than the Andersen.

We have since changed to a DRW 3500, and I am much happier with the full length bed. But we are still using the Andersen hitch. As others have noted, it is really easy to hitch up with this hitch, and it tows really well. It is very easy to remove and reinstall, which I don't think you will find with a slider hitch.
    Jim & Angela
    2018 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7L
    Andersen Ultimate
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast